ESG Scores is the New Social Credit Score for the USA

My wife is an immigrant, so we’ll just do everything through her.

1 Like

^
Denial

That’s a good plan. My sons’ mom is from South America, so they should be fairly insulated. I have blue eyes so I probably won’t have enough social credit for Boost Mobile.

1 Like

She’s a Jew from the former Soviet Union… not sure if thats good or a negative.

You think that’s going to save you?
:rofl:

2 Likes

You will care when you’re starving…but by then, you’ll probably find a way to blame this on me, just like you blame me for Trump.

The fact that your position doesn’t hold up ideologically isn’t a fault of mine.

This is the bed that you guys made.

I didn’t think the left was for sleeping in the bed you made. Isn’t that unfair or something?

I honestly don’t know what you’re trying to say.

The other day I could swear some were posting from the economic Darwinist handbook in a thread where investment was being discussed.

1 Like

ESG is not my ideology…that belongs to you, sir.

Enjoy dying at the hands of your own ideology.

1 Like

“ESG” isn’t an ideology, and it’s definitely not mine.

I have no idea what you’re trying to say.

How about credit score ideology? Or Yelp reviews ideology? My ideology is restaurant health inspection score.

1 Like

Give it up, we are on to this, red states are banning it, thank goodness.

2 Likes

Red states are banning my snark? Damn.

No, ESG scoring. Haven’t gotten around to banning people running cover for it, yet.

1 Like

Well I suppose laissez-faire capitalism had a decent run for a while as part of the GOP plank… but all things eventually change.

Thanks for the thread. I had never heard of ESG before. A short internet search shows it is quite ubiquitous. It goes from the big ratings companies, Davos (of course), the UN, and major financial and productive organizations. And, of course, Universities.
I don’t fully know how these movements get established, but it is increasingly clear that we peons have less and less to say with how the world is being run.

2 Likes

It’s telling that anyone would even think of making this meme, banning books? Really in a free country?

I try to keep my eyes open and when companies decide to enter the political arena and it works against what I stand for or believe in, I totally stop doing business with them. I will not allow anything from Amazon in my house. I stopped doing business with Starbucks. I haven’t entered a Walmart in years. All labels are checked and if it’s made in China, I check for a plan B. All any of us can do is vote with our dollars and that’s what I’ve been doing for a very long time.

4 Likes