Eric Trump must testify in response to a subpoena from the New York AG’s office

He’s in town tomorrow night…time to make up a big “TESTIFY” sign.

1 Like

If he’s got nothing to hide he shouldn’t be afraid. He should be happy to go and help them out.

So weird. These trumps, it’s like holy water on satan for them to go and attest to their innocence.

1 Like

I wonder how far it will go if he simply refuses to go.

Isn’t it weird how fast the justice system seems to work…half of the time?

1 Like

I swore that the Trumps were like the Waltons.

1 Like

It is really weird. Remember when Hillary testified for hours and hours and didn’t even break a sweat? I do.

2 Likes

Fast? Is this a joke? The investigation has been going on for over a year now. Eric Trump was initially subpoenaed in May and has been fighting it ever since. 5 full months of stonewalling is hardly fast.

The first rule of being a prosecutor is that you ask questions that you already know the answer to. And part of his interview will be why the Trump Co. has withheld requested documents. And I am still wondering about Allen Weisselberg. I believe Cohen when he says that Allen knows anything and everything when it comes to how the financials are done.

2 Likes

Eric is free to refuse to testify and spend the next few moths locked up until the grand jury is dissolved. You know, like mob bosses did back in the day. Pretty on brand really.

I think this is a civil matter. It’s a deposition. He can have his attorney present and they should have agreed to what topics can be discussed. I expect his attorney to silence Eric as much as possible.

I didn’t hear anything about a deposition. What I read was that the company has been asked to turn over certain records, which they have not. And that Eric’s lawyers have been arguing that he should not talk to the AG until after the election day. The AG has already said that they are investigating fraud in tax filings, bank loan applications and insurance applications. And that is criminal, not civil.

He’s being deposed as part of a civil matter brought by the NYAG Letitia James. As I understand it their is also a criminal probe as well, but the deposition for the civil matter is what Eric has been ordered to sit for.

James’ office said a professional appraisal at the time determined Seven Springs was worth $56.5 million prior to the donation and that the land being conserved in exchange for the tax deduction was worth $21.1 million, it said.

Cohen told Congress that when Trump was trying to buy the NFL’s Buffalo Bills in 2014, he provided financial statements to Deutsche Bank saying Seven Springs was worth $291 million as of 2012.

The entire Trump family seem to think they are entitled to Executive Privilege.

What a family of moochers and grifters. But credit to them, they are fleecing their marks good and proper.

1 Like

…with nothing to hide.

He’s just going to exercise his right to not incriminate himself.

Edited from plead…b/c exercise is a better word choice.

What did Daddy say?..Only the guilty take the 5th.

But you can’t be guilty if you keep your talk hole shut.