EPA watchdog suggests agency recover $124,000 in Pruitt’s 'excessive’ travel expenses

https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2019/05/16/epa-watchdog-suggests-agency-recover-pruitts-excessive-travel-expenses/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.095a2a0d7b68

“The “questioned amount” the inspector general’s office identifies for possible recovery is the $123,941 that taxpayers spent on flying both Pruitt and a security agent in first- or business class, instead of coach.”

OK fiscal conservatives. This is a good time for you to stand up and say that this money should be recovered from a Trump appointee who used tax payer money inappropriately. Anyone wanna go first?

Your link wants to charge me and…nope…but…

The mere fact that he’s flying on a commercial airliner and not on…Air Force One or some derivative…I’m ok with it. Seriously…aren’t you? The question I’ve got is…what was it for and what was accomplished? I expect a solid return on my taxpayer investment. Does your article cover that?

If it was inappropriate, get it back. Why is this even an issue?

Another, “conservatives should prove their stance to me so I can argue with their every word” thread.

womp womp

1 Like

Exactly. It sounds like he ignored the rules.

Hmmmmm

The “questioned amount” the inspector general’s office identifies for possible recovery is the $123,941 that taxpayers spent on flying both Pruitt and a security agent in first- or business class, instead of coach.

At first glance one would say — pay it back.

Then you see this:

The “questioned amount” the inspector general’s office identifies for possible recovery is the $123,941 that taxpayers spent on flying both Pruitt and a security agent in first- or business class, instead of coach.

Sounds like protocols need to be change a little according to the inspector general.

the agency had a long-standing policy of allowing travel other than coach class. Its general counsel’s office had issued an opinion determining that the acting controller “had the authority to grant first-class exceptions. Therefore, in evaluating the delegation EPA believes that the trips were authorized by an appropriate official, making cost recovery inappropriate.”

Whooooops . . . . . so a long standing policy of allowing travel other than coad (that would be business and/or first class, and it might have been approved by the acting controller.

Hmmmm now we start to get to the maybe not part of the argument.

Looks like it’s not as fine a line of yes he should pay it back.

Sounds like its time to change the long standing policy and put in policy when and under what conditions employee’s of the department can fly other than coach.

Just checking in to see if any of the previous small government fiscal conservatives have called for Pruitt to reimburse the taxpayers. Anybody see anyone?

Nope. Dyed in the wool Trump apologists cannot say any bad words about their King or the King’s Court.

They don’t care. If Obama spent 10¢ too much on a writing pen they’d be screaming at how it’s proof he doesn’t think rules apply to him.

But it’s Trump so “the libz are triggered” = must defend.

1 Like

The Tea Party was never about fiscal conservatism. It was about removing the 1st minority president from the White House.

2 Likes

Yeah…sorry that when you post a thread intended to provoke feelings but provides no credible information allowing the reader to evaluate the claim, that I don’t light my hair on fire like libs do. I value my ability to discern more than my ability to just emotionally react. Libs should try it…you’ll like it? :sunglasses:

The silence tells the whole story.

The tea party was a sham.

Alright…what was the flight for? What was accomplished? Is there a stated rule that was broken? Please honestly answer these questions so I too can light my hair on fire?

Absolutely correct. Fiscal conservatism was just a guise.

That they’re dead silent now and shrug their shoulders at a $1.5T deficit spending tax cut for the rich says it all.

Zero principles.

2 Likes

Ignoring the evidence ≠ no credible evidence.

Trumpsters have gotten great at wearing their blinders. Seems their tunnel vision gets narrower by the day.

If you think about it, why would any person who is actually racist have morals?

Well to be fair, they can have their own morals. They’re just reprehensible.

The problem here, is they have no principles. Party first. Always.

1 Like

Generalized this underpins much of the thread motivations on this forum.

Hence why it’s so hard to take anyone seriously nowadays, huh?

Oh, to long for the good old days of fiscal conservatism. And people actually having the guts to stand up and speak out about it.