ENOUGH: Trump WALKS OUT of Meeting with Dems, Says No Legislation While ‘Investigations’ Continue

Originally published at: ENOUGH: Trump WALKS OUT of Meeting with Dems, Says No Legislation While ‘Investigations’ Continue | Sean Hannity

President Trump has had enough of the non-stop investigations by Congressional Democrats; telling top party leaders there will be no new infrastructure bill while endless probes into his investigation continue.

“I came here to do a meeting on infrastructure with Democrats. Not really thinking they want to do infrastructure or anything else other than investigate… I just saw that Nancy Pelosi says she believes the President is engaged in a cover-up. I’m the most transparent President in the history of this country,” said the President from the White House lawn.

President Trump: "I came here to do a meeting on infrastructure with Democrats, not thinking they really wanted to do infrastructure or anything else other than investigate." https://t.co/Q3mRkHBh8r pic.twitter.com/WmoBxnxKrV

— The Hill (@thehill) May 22, 2019

“For some reason, he really couldn’t match the greatness of the challenge that we have. It wasn’t really respectful of the Congress and the White House working together. It makes me wonder why he did that,” said Pelosi following the meeting.

After Trump pulled out of an infrastructure meeting with Democrats, @SpeakerPelosi says "I pray for the President of the United States." pic.twitter.com/RH6SRZlbsi

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) May 22, 2019

The stalled talks come weeks after both parties agreed to a tentative infrastructure bill that allocated $2 trillion for the nation’s roads, highways, and rail networks.

President Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi agreed to a bipartisan $2 trillion Infrastructure bill earlier this year; unveiling their plans to help rebuild the nation’s roads, broadband connectivity, and more.

“We agreed on a number that was very, very good — $2 trillion for infrastructure. Originally we had started a little lower. Even the President was eager to push it up to $2 trillion,” said Schumer after meeting the President at the White House.

Sen. Chuck Schumer: "We agreed on a number that was very, very good — $2 trillion for infrastructure. Originally we had started a little lower. Even the President was eager to push it up to $2 trillion." https://t.co/gc7mCediU2 pic.twitter.com/wqejuXLkPD

— The Hill (@thehill) April 30, 2019

“We talked about a number of things we could do. Obviously the roads, the bridges, the highways, but also a big emphasis on broadband, an emphasis on the power grid, and several other issues,” added the Senate Minority Leader.