Employee Bonuses Down Sharply After 2017 Tax Cut: What Next?

This is due to the decline in memory pricing. Memory is exceptionally cyclical, and has exploded the last couple of years. 2019 is the swing from shortage to oversupply, and not a surprise.

It’s the capitalist way. Buy people and property, let them do all the work, and take a cut. Buy more people and property. Let them do all the work and sip your wine. Paying your employee $20 an hour? Charge the client $50 an hour. You can be a “manager” and help your boss make even more.

Retire off dividends.

The only way you can do it is by ■■■■■■■ your workers and is exactly what has been happening.

1 Like

If this happened in a Democratic Administration, the Republicans would be up in arms — but under a Repub — the only sounds are phone calls to big donors asking for part of the windfall and the gurgling of the mud in the deepening swamp.

2 Likes

Well, when you base your whole Trump stinks story on “non production bonuses” you have to suspect there was some cherry picking going on.
Personally my income increased for the year 2018 and my taxes didn’t increase.

Well, yeah, I did some of that buying shares during my 30 years of “real work” and it has helped out as I hoped. Am I supposed to feel guilty?

Obviously you can blame all that on Trumps tax cut. If it weren’t for the fact that federal revenues are up along with greater than anticipated GDP growth. I am sure it has nothing to do with the 421 billion hike in spending. Nope, it’s all the tax cuts fault.

:+1: I like the sound of that.

Many trumpists do

5 Likes

Profiting off other people doing the real work for you now, it’s the capatalist way.

You don’t like the sound of your fellow citizens working?

Tax revenue growth has slowed since the tax cuts were passed lol. If revenue went up by only a $1 would you still be bragging how revenue went up? Revenue is almost always going up unless theres a recession. Obama had record revenue years.

Oh and per the GDP post me a chart 2009 to today so we can laugh at you.

Dayum, Trump increased spending by $421bil every year since hes been in office?

MAGA!

Doesnt require a middle man sitting at home to work and skim their wages

So no?

I like people working. As I clearly stated though, many who retire in this country do so by living off the workers doing the work, rather than saving enough to draw from. It’s how the system is structured with retirement being tied to the stock market. Buying stock doesnt create jobs in the vast majority of cases

You don’t have a 401k?

I swing trade stocks but my focus is on starting up my business. I’m not saying people should ignore reality that retirement requires investing in equities like stocks. It’s unfortunate but it’s the way it is since livable and decent wages barely exist (and if they do you’re probably in a hamster wheel). I’m simply saying its structured to profit off the workers of those companies. Pimp them out and take your cut.

This is a very good point. Who’s the joke on here? But some companies do match. My wife worked for Verizon and they matched 66% and had a pension. By the time she retired that 401k was ridiculous. UPS used to match 100% and they had a pension. So not counting a pension it can work out nicely if the company matches a portion.

What an odd response. This is a discussion board. He’s engaging in a discussion with you. He’s not refusing you anything.

I’ve changed my mind tremendously over the almost 11 years I’ve been on these boards. Specifically due to the conversations and debate I’ve had with members who have held completely opposing views. It takes a little humility and open mindedness.

2 Likes

No, it truly doesn’t. In FY2018, spending increased $12 billion above the pre-tax cut baseline while revenues decreased $200 billion. It has everything to do with reducing revenues as a % of GDP by 5%.

1 Like

You hit the nail on the head. This is a discussion forum, not a debate forum. There is a big difference. In a discussion forum, opinions are bandied about and respected by both parties. At some point, it becomes obvious the discussion has run its course. At that point, amicable parties agree to disagree and move on.

Too often, forum members treat these discussions as a debate where there has to be a winner and a loser. I have no interest in that type of format and for that reason I’m anxious to move on once it becomes obvious meaningful discussion has run its course.

I’ve been doing this stuff for going on 40 years - 20 of them in various discussion forums. During that time, my positions have hardened. I’m not here looking to have someone change my mind. I’m here for a free exchange of political opinions. I simply have no patience for someone who arrogantly believes they are going to enlighten me.