Elijah Cummings House Member And Statesman Passes Away At 68

He will be sorely missed by folks from both sides! I was saddened to hear of this just moments ago.

He was, in my opinion, a man of courage, political morals, and a force to be reckoned with.

R.I.P Elijah Cummings

2 Likes

I disagreed with his politics but that’s all history now. Be with The Lord Elijah and may He have mercy on us all.

6 Likes

OMG. I’m so sorry. Rest In Peace sir. This comes as a great shock to me this morning.

2 Likes

I knew he was ailing but he made it seem he was not missing a beat the last few times I saw him on the news.

It did come as a shock.

I didn’t know. I thought he was healthy. I’m going to miss him. I thought he was honest about his convictions.

1 Like

Really sorry to lose that firebrand too early.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Allan

1 Like

Sure another will fill his elected position, but he was unique and irreplaceable in many ways.

1 Like

Rest in Peace.

1 Like

He was a no-nonsense type of politician.
May he Rest In Peace.

2 Likes

I just heard the news. I didn’t realize he had been ill.

We may have disagreed on politics, but he was without a doubt a rather notable figure in Washington. May he rest in peace.

1 Like

Rest in Peace, sir. So sorry to hear this.

1 Like

He impressed me continually. Rest in Peace.

1 Like

Rest in Peace, Mr. Cummings. Thoughts and prayers to all of those who loved and will miss you.

1 Like

I’m in total shock. What a great great man. RIP.

1 Like

This is sad. Rest In Peace.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kennethmoton/status/1184756621278400513?s=21

Got to hand it to Trump here. He did good.

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1184815052546809862?s=21

4 Likes

RIP, wise and faithful servant.

1 Like

Rest in peace. This is a guy who stuck up for his Republican committee members and demanded decorum and civility. His passing is a real loss for the nation.

1 Like

Yeah it is! I heard the news this morning about 3:00 AM, and it was a shock, it hurt almost. Always enjoyed listening to the man, whether I agreed with him or not.