Electric Cars are coming- no need to drill in Alaska

It’s not a Ford think, this a fuel pump thing. They are electric now and are kept cool with the gas running through them (I misspoke when I said lubricate).

Had a friend of mine fry hers in her Chevy minivan because some dolt she loaned the car to kept trying to start the car with no gas, burning out the fuel pump.

Here’s another good reason for good little liberals to ditch their cars.

So, how many of you libs out there are itching to ditch your cars for a pair of Nike’s…in the name of ‘social justice’. :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure you can wear Nikes and claim to be for social justice. In fact, I am rather sure you can’t.

4 Likes

So substitute Nike for Converse, Saucony, Brooks, Vibram, or any other sneaker you wish.

The only true way to stop this, is to walk! :rofl::rofl:

Obviously when one throws billions of dollars around someone is going to seek to get a piece of that pie. Shouldn’t be surprising. Also, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to throw those billions of dollars around.

Battery electric vehicles are the betamax of zero emission vehicles and hydrogen fuel cells are the vcr. Fuel cells will displace them, possibly sooner than one might think. Fuel cell tractor trailers are already out there.

1 Like

Shame it take more fossil fuel to create the hydrogen. Green hydrogen is a small percent of hydrogen. 0.1%

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2021/07/clean-energy-green-hydrogen/

Green hydrogen

Green hydrogen – also referred to as “clean hydrogen” – is produced by using clean energy from surplus renewable energy sources, such as solar or wind power, to split water into two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom through a process called electrolysis.

Renewables cannot always generate energy at all hours of the day and green hydrogen production could help use the excess generated during peak cycles.

It currently makes up about 0.1% of overall hydrogen production, but this is expected to rise as the cost of renewable energy continues to fall.

But it is happening, and they aren’t selling pie in the sky. Infrastructure is being built and pragmatic steps being taken. There is even a nuclear plant about to start producing hydrogen.

A hydrogen-powered society… :heart_eyes:

https://www.meti.go.jp/english/press/2019/0918_001.html

And like clockwork, here it is:

“Environmentalists filed a lawsuit Tuesday against the Biden administration’s approval of ConocoPhillips’ Willow project, marking a new stage in the fight over drilling in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska.”

Birkenstocks.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

And the fuel cell tractor trailers have a 1000 mile range. No reason they couldn’t do the same with cars I bet.

2 Likes

Could you imagine a world in which “pollution” waters your crops?

2 Likes

Easily.

2 Likes

In the future instead of saying a salesman could sell air conditioning or refrigerators to Eskimos we may say “can sell Teslas to people in Nome”.

1 Like

Hydrogen,
which works in fuel cells also works in internal combustion engines,
and that way, does not require super expensive exotic metals.

Unfortunately out society is so hypnotized by technology
that our political leaders are likely to push “fuel cells,” to the exclusion of simpler, easier, cheaper, less-polluting, hydrogen-powered ICEs.

3 Likes

At 44.5 cents per kwh in Nome, I’m not sure that is a sure thing. Of course with gasoline pushing $7/gal there, it just might be. :wink:

I believe the old saying “the best is the enemy of the good” may be paraphrased “the fashionable is the enemy of the serviceable”.

1 Like

Good one.

Understand, I have nothing against fuel cells.
But I swear in our society we would outlaw sandboxes, unless they have a computer chip or are made from palladium, then we’d subsidize them.

Same deal with hydrogen powered vehicles.