Electric Cars are coming- no need to drill in Alaska

Love it! :+1: :grinning:

Btw … Governor Brisco was portrayed by Charles Durning in The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and while he was doubtlessly less musical than Durning he sure was a character.

1 Like

Below is a list in two parts.

• The first part lists electric power plants in Massachusetts, (some of them right in Boston), which generate 100% of their electrical power from petroleum.
  • The second part lists electric power plants in Massachusetts, which use a mix of petroleum and natural gas but use no other fuel source.

Some people think meat comes from the grocery store. Maybe they also think electricity comes from the wall socket.

Wilkins Power Station
Exelon L Street Power Station
M Street Jet
Cleary flood Power Station
Canal Power Station
Oak Bluffs Diesel Generation Station
West Tisbury Generating Facility
Nantucket Power Station
Exelon Framingham Power Station
Exelon Medway Power Station
Cherry Street Power Station
Doreen Power Station
Woodland Road Power Station
Front Street Power Station

++++++++
++++++++

Indian Orchard Power Station
High Street Power Station
Mystic Generating Station
Kendall Cogeneration Station
Medical Area Total Energy Plant
Gillette SBMC
Stony Brook Power Station
West Springfield Generating Station

1 Like

It wouldn’t make for a good over the road truck, but it could suffice in day cab configs with relatively short driving distances between job sites.

Real hang up is going to be cost. Freightliner would need to make it price competitive with similar day cab trucks. There would be a lot less maintenance versus a diesel powered truck but the purchase price still needs to be in the same realm for the business to benefit from the reduced maintenance.

I want to see more EVs but I get the feeling that too many companies are over promising their capabilities. Which is a mistake. Companies need to be up front and honest about what these vehicles are optimized to do.

Sort of like Rivian. They’re honest about their vehicles’ capabilities. They straight up tell you that the Rivian R1T (their half ton crew cab electric truck) that if you tow the largest loads (which for half tons is about 10,000 pounds) long distances frequently it’s not the truck for you. It’s not what it was designed for and it won’t satisfy that type of owner. You’ll be charging too often and have too much downtime.

But if you use your half ton primarily as a daily driver to work where the bed is occasionally used or you need a good truck to carry around your side by sides and ATVs behind you, even a decent sized boat, then the R1T will serve you well. Or if you just like trucks that will shred all four tires, then it’s the perfect truck for you since it has 600 horsepower and about 700 ft lbs of torque in the top model.

1 Like

They could put a generator in the back of the truck. :wink:

6 Likes

Now you’re being mean!!!

There are other types of trucking outside of OTR.

I was just watching a documentary on Three Mile Island. I think that movie came out about 10 days before they had the incident.

Free advertising…

Jane Fonda has never been any good for anything.

She’s nice to look at. :wink:

Not really. :smile:

I disagree …

And what year was that?

Does it matter? A picture is timeless. :wink:

Yeah. A look in the mirror tells me people aren’t.

Pretty sloppy fitness by modern standards. That back thigh flab is atrocious. She didn’t have a peloton though so maybe some slack.

There’s a heck of a lot of women better looking. Plus they aren’t the nasty traitorous creatures she is.

Oh come on didn’t you watch Barberalla? That was sheer cinematic art. She got her acting job because of her talent not her connections.

Have to agree to disagree.