Education>Culture>Politics

Quite so. :wink:

Parents acknowledge and understand that GDS is an institution that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and that has made a commitment to work actively against individual and systemic racism, hatred, oppression, and bigotry of any kind. By signing this document, parents and students agree to join in the school’s commitment and to engage in actions and efforts in furtherance of these values and commitments within the GDS community.

What is your problem with this statement?

1. DEI
  2. “Antiracist”
  3. “Individual”
  4. “Actions”

Mostly the repressive tolerance of it all.

I suggest you don’t send your kids to that private school then.

WAIT THERE’S MORE!

In addition to using Covid money to pay themselves high six figure incomes, Baltimore City Schools paid a “hall monitor” contractor $700k while schools were closed? :clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. The people most negatively affected by this will keep electing those who keep things running as they are. Let them enjoy it I guess.

1 Like

School corruption is not limited to blue states.

this one is old, but still a doozie…

https://www.parentadvocates.org/nicecontent/dsp_printable.cfm?articleID=3665

ARTOW - Seven Christian school employees - including a self-styled “God’s Messenger” and “Overseer Prophetess” - were charged Tuesday with defrauding taxpayers out of tens of thousands of dollars in school-voucher money and spending it on such things as a $53,000 SUV, satellite television and tickets to a comedy show.

Polk County sheriff’s deputies carried out a pre-dawn raid to arrest Betty Jives Mitchell, 37, the director of Faith Christian Academy in Bartow, as well as five relatives and another woman, culminating a seven-month probe started by Chief Financial Officer Tom Gallagher and carried out by Polk State Attorney Jerry Hill.

https://dese.mo.gov/communications/news-releases/Former%20Charter%20School%20Executive%20Director%20Pleads%20Guilty%20in%20Fraud%20Scheme

Former St. Louis College Preparatory (SLCP) charter school executive director Michael Malone pled guilty today in federal court to three counts of wire fraud related to a multi-million dollar scheme involving state education funds. Malone intentionally over-reported student attendance information so that SLCP received more state and federal funding than it was due. Sentencing information for Malone’s charges is forthcoming. Each charge of wire fraud carries a maximum possible penalty of twenty years imprisonment, a fine of $250,000 or both.

Not a nice try. Pretend like it’s not the entire education system.

If you don’t understand the difference between private and public schools, then maybe you should take a break and do some reading.

Low, low.

1 Like

I suggest you don’t send your kids to that private school then

1. CRT
  2. Woke
  3. “Our values”
  4. “Unamerican”

Yes, the repressive tolerance.

Critical Theory, the sworn enemy of liberalism, must be destroyed. Not tolerated, repressive or otherwise.

1 Like

By your definition… nobody is destroying CT. Conservatives are using it and libs are using it. Its tug of war and CT is the rope.

No, not my definition. :wink:

How does that make you feel?

The first is a charter school. which is run with public funds.

The second is voucher fraud, which is taxpayer funded.

The third is a charter school run with public funds.

You should read things before commenting on them. If you are unsure of what some of the words mean, ask.

Low, low.

I suggest you don’t send your kids to that private school then

Like it’s a normal part of culture forming and norming.

Culture? What culture? Whose culture?