ECONOMICS 101: Ilhan Omar Says ‘Tax Breaks’ for Corporations Could Finance ‘Medicare for All’

Originally published at: ECONOMICS 101: Ilhan Omar Says ‘Tax Breaks’ for Corporations Could Finance ‘Medicare for All’ | Sean Hannity

Controversial Congresswoman Ilhan Omar left millions of users on social media scratching their heads Tuesday; bizarrely suggesting “tax breaks” for corporations should be used to finance ‘Medicare for All’ and other government programs.

“If we have enough money to pay for tax breaks for corporations. We have enough to invest in Medicare For All, Green New Deal and cancel student debt,” posted Omar on Twitter.

If we have enough money to pay for tax breaks for corporations.

We have enough to invest in Medicare For All, Green New Deal and cancel student debt.

— Rep. Ilhan Omar (@Ilhan) August 5, 2019

Omar published a scathing op-ed in the New York Times Thursday; saying America “was not what” her family had “hoped for” and labeling President Trump a “fascist” and “racist.”

“Throughout history, demagogues have used state power to target minority communities and political enemies, often culminating in state violence. Today, we face that threat in our own country, where the president of the United States is using the influence of our highest office to mount racist attacks on communities across the land,” writes Omar.

“The America we arrived in was different from the one my grandfather had hoped to find. The land of opportunity he imagined was in fact full of challenges. People identified me in ways that were foreign to me: immigrant, black. I learned that these identities carried stigmas, and I experienced prejudice as a visibly Muslim woman,” she adds.

“Our democratic institutions have been weaponized. The Trump administration has sought to restrict people from exercising their voting rights. It has sought to undermine the basic checks and balances of our Constitution by not respecting subpoenas from Congress. And the president has used overtly racist rhetoric to strike fear and division in communities of color and religious minorities across the country,” concludes the Congresswoman.

Read Omar’s full op-ed at the New York Times.