Eagles/Falcons Game Thread

Here we go…

Football

Has

begunnnn

Falcons up 6-3 at the half. This reminds me, where the hell has Dr. Funk been lately?

I’m proudly burning my nikes as I continue to not watch the National Thug League! I’m just here to let everyone know that I didn’t see the Eagles put up such a terrible first half on offense, nor did I see them get booed as they took a knee to end the half.

2 Likes

Neither team has scored a touchdown yet.

Good question. Wish he’d come back.

As far as the game goes, it was boring. Only excitement was the last 5 minutes or so. Not a great night for either QB.

Anyway, happy to have the NFL back.

Great thread!

I guess not many people care about the nfl anymore. Doesn’t bode well for ratings.

certainly not among Trump republicans on this board anyway.

I show the numbers for the kickoff games as

2014 - 27.1 Million watched packers/seahawks on 9/4/2014
2015 - 27.4 Million watched Steelers/patriots on 9/10/2015
2016 - 25.2 Million watched broncos/panthers on 9/8/2016
2017 - 20.8 Million watched chiefs/patriots on 9/7/2017
2018 - 18.96 Million watched eagles/falcons on 9/6/2018

Where did the nearly 2 million fans disappear to? An antifa protest no doubt. Maybe they’re cosplaying at the Supreme Court.

Matt Ryan + Nick Foles = Trash
Falcon’s defense is pretty decent, should be better than last year
Eagles defense is not bad either.
I guess all of Atlanta’s offense left with Kyle Shannahan

Was really hoping the Falcons could pull it off last night and they almost did.
I actually enjoyed watching the game last night although admittedly that might just be because its been 7 months since it’s been on.

Only thing I didn’t care for which has been a problem with the NFL for many years is the number of penalties called. To be sure all the penalties called that I saw were correct by rule, but geez there were alot last night.

yeah, penalties and instant replay have slowed everything down. i like the college instant replay a lot better.

I like the college football better than the pros anyway. I mostly watch the NFL for fantasy purposes. With College, I can sit back and enjoy, unfortunately I’m a Michigan fan so I wasn’t to happy with that Notre Dame loss

here’s some numbers that ^ this guy won’t post (for those that are interested)…

"It appears, however, that fans are now deserting in droves. Sunday’s big Monster Energy Cup race at Talladega, Ala., won by Joey Logano on a gorgeous afternoon, was run before grandstands that were mostly filled, but empty enough that the word “TALLADEGA” in unused seats at each end was visible.

(Maybe overhead shots from the Goodyear blimp are not such a great way to sell the sport.)

But it was the television ratings from Talladega — one of NASCAR’s most famous tracks — that were most eye-opening. The race delivered a 2.85 national rating on Fox, with 4.7 million viewers. The same race in 2017, a week later but also on Fox, had a 3.5 rating and 5.9 million viewers."

That’s true I wouldn’t post that.

But only because I don’t like, watch or care about nascar at all.

More race stuff from the OP though. Shocking!

He’s in the Hannity Facebook community.

Don’t have the numbers in millions watching yet, but here’s this:

Lost 8% from last year and the worst since 2009. That’s got to look great for the league and the networks. The good news for the nfl is that Philadelphia had the highest ratings for the game at 32.9/54. The bad news is there are only 16 eagles games a year and one of them is now over.

I guess the nfl target audience of chardonnay swilling, npr and pbs enthusiast, street-rioting, bathroom confused, America-haters isn’t as big as they thought it was.

Okay, thanks. If you interact with him there, tell him the Jags fan from this board says hello. I don’t do Facebook.

Eagles were able to keep Julio out of the endz one (with the football in his hands), which is always good. This reminded me a lot of last year’s playoff game. Ryan + Julio during the drive is money. Ryan in the red zone was bad.

Better team won (I am biased, but that’s ok).

Who gives a ■■■■ about NFL…I’m hoping they go bankrupt.

It’s just sad that so much of people tax dollars gone to those stadiums.