E. Jean Carroll Defamation Suit Against Donald Trump

Ms. Reade could bring legal action. Her choice not to. I wish she would; I think we would all learn a lot from the process.

Zero risk.

What rape fantasy?

You made it sound like his defence was that he said to the court he has a right to insult women.
Show me where instead of testifying in his defence he sent court a statement that says ā€œI have a right to insult womenā€.
Beacause your post states that THAT is what he did instead of testifying in his defence.

1 Like

NOT a jury of his peers.
Move the trial somewhere else then yes.

Iā€™d like to read somewhere:
In my defence, Your Honor, I want to say that I have a right to insult women.
Never happened.

1 Like

Why havent his lawyers tried to move the case?

And where do you suggest it is moved to? It cannot be to a predominantly republican area because by your logic they will be biased in favor of Trump.

He never said ā€œinsultā€.

He said ā€œassaultā€.

Why CAN it be in predominantly Liberal but not in Predominantly Republican???
He is a Republican so if you want to have jury of his peers then move it into his peers neighborhood.

1 Like

Okā€¦assault.
WHERE did he say to court that he has a right to assault women?

He did not say it in court. Trump never came to court and certainly would never risk being cross-examined if he could avoid it.

Where he said it was in his deposition which you can watch here.

Where do you find a neighborhood full of mendacious sociopathic fraudulent narcissists?

But why would you want it in a Republican area? If you are concerned about a fair trial then if a democratic area will be biased against him then a Republican area will be biased for him.

As I have said before this complaint about not getting a fair trial because someone may have voted democrat is stupid.

Doesnā€™t matter which way someones vote I trust our jury system.

If Trumps lawyers thought the location was such a problem why didnt they petition for a change in venue?

Because voting patterns arenā€™t a reason for avenue change. Nor should they be

President Trumpā€™s lawyerā€™s already replied essentially saying Carrollā€™s motive was greed drivenā€¦

Appeal process is where all these (bogus) cases will land up eventuallyā€¦and probably in large part overturned too, Carroll will ultimately not likely see one red cent eitherā€¦

You are seemingly playing coy when everyone knows the Dems are very cunning. NO way to do any of these fake trials in places where judges and jurists are objective in the least. Hence, why NYC, Atlanta, and DC are where all the indictments will be coming.

You have zero idea what a Manhattan jury looks like

I was born in NYC and have seen quite a lotā€¦

The indictments come from where the crime occurs.

This is pretty basic stuff.