DROP IT: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy Demands Pelosi ‘Halt the Impeachment Inquiry’

Originally published at: DROP IT: House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy Demands Pelosi ‘Halt the Impeachment Inquiry’ | Sean Hannity

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy demanded Speaker Nancy Pelosi “halt the impeachment inquiry” Thursday; saying the American people deserve “fairness and transparency” on such an important issue.

“I’ve written to Speaker Pelosi to halt the impeachment inquiry until we can receive public answers to the following questions. Given the enormity of the question at hand—impeaching a duly elected president—the American public deserves fairness and transparency,” McCarthy posted on social media.

READ⬇️ I’ve written to Speaker Pelosi to halt the impeachment inquiry until we can receive public answers to the following questions. Given the enormity of the question at hand—impeaching a duly elected president—the American public deserves fairness and transparency. pic.twitter.com/EFKOghyf9w

— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) October 3, 2019

“In his letter to Pelosi, McCarthy asks a number of questions, including whether Pelosi plans to hold a full House vote on authorizing the impeachment inquiry, whether she plans to grant subpoena powers to both the committee chairs and the ranking members, and whether she’ll allow trump’s lawyers to attend the hearings,” reports Fox News.

McCarthy’s letter comes one day after he officially endorsed a censure resolution against House Intel Chair Adam Schiff for his botched Ukraine hearing.

“Chairman Adam Schiff has been lying to the American people for years,” McCarthy said in a tweet. “Now he is so desperate to damage the president that he literally made up a false version of a phone call. Enough is enough.”

Chairman Adam Schiff has been lying to the American people for years. Now he is so desperate to damage the president that he literally made up a false version of a phone call.

Enough is enough. I have signed a resolution to censure Schiff in the House of Representatives.

— Kevin McCarthy (@GOPLeader) October 2, 2019

“I have signed a resolution to censure Schiff in the House of Representatives,” he added.

“My summary of the president’s call was meant to be at least, part, in parody,” Schiff said. “The fact that that’s not clear is a separate problem in and of itself. Of course, the president never said, ‘If you don’t understand me I’m going to say it seven more times,’ my point is, that’s the message that the Ukraine president was receiving in not so many words.”

Read the full report at Fox News.