Dr. Anthony Fauci has indeed violated the Hippocratic Oath

No it doesn’t. Those at highest risk are easily identified and protected while the rest of us get back to work.

Less than 20% of the country is actually under any significant lock down and it hasn’t’ exceeded that figure since the beginning.

John you’re simply wrong every way you can be wrong here other than spelling his name correctly.

Fauci is an Epidemiologist, his entire world view is built around his forty years of training and practice as same.

It is left to others to deal with the rest of the equation.

That is not a very clever deflection. In fact, it’s pathetic!

You did write: How do I “…plan to keep the disabled and elderly, who rely on services, apart from other people?”

Considering the well-known fact that the elderly, and especially those with underlying medical conditions, are the most susceptible to the deadly effects of the virus, I suspect this identifiable group would exercise self-sheltering at home, and precautionary measures when accepting needed “services” to avoid the deadly effects of the virus. If not, they would risk the consequences.

So, I have no need for a plan “to keep the disabled and elderly” apart from other people. Self-preservation is a more powerful motivating force then me attempting to impose what I think is best for this group.

So, the question was: Why would I want to keep the disabled and elderly apart from other people?

JWK

Oh come now. The Fauci approach defies common sense and logic, in spite of the predictable economic consequences.

Early established facts concluded the elderly, especially those with underlying medical problems, accounted for the vast majority of deaths from being infected with COVID-19. In fact, at one point in time, at the beginning of March, the CDC encouraged older people and people with severe chronic medical conditions to “stay at home”. See New CDC guidance says older adults should ‘stay at home as much as possible’ due to coronavirus

Why are you sticking up for the irrational approach panhandled by Fauci, who used fear and created hysteria across the United States to sell his lock-down of America?

JWK

You simply remain dead wrong.

From the standpoint of epidemiology he’s recommending exactly what is correct which to to stop the spread of the disease completely.

It takes basically nothing else into consideration at all.

This is why epidemiologists are not allowed to run the world because they have a very narrow focus that ignores everything else including all other medical considerations.

1 Like

I disagree. Greater exposure = greater amount of infections and opportunities for infection.

Which is of course complete nonsense. We can keep those people essentially quarantined while the rest of us go back to work.

1 Like

Self-sheltering can be and is disrupted by family visits.

There is still a greater risk, regardless, due to higher levels of exposure in the general population. 50 opportunities for viral contamination of a home delivered item is higher than 10.

My apologies John, I believe I did not characterize your position correctly.

1 Like

He has been doing far more than that. He’s been creating fear and hysteria across the United States and ignoring a common sense and logical approach, based upon known facts regarding the virus.

SEE: ‘The Data Is In — Stop The Panic And End The Total Isolation’: Fmr. Stanford Chief Of Neuroradiology Discusses Viral Column

JWK

There is nothing that supports such a contention.

We’ve kept our nursing home patients and caregivers sequestered/quarantined for two months. Guess how many new nursing home infections we’ve had during that period?

Those that live at home are even easier to quarantine. Everything they need can be delivered.

No he hasn’t, he’s been doing his job and for the most part he’s done a very good job of it.

Which is voluntary and puts the vulnerable person having the visits at self-risk, unless exercising enhanced precautions.

JWK

You can repeat that over and over but it does not change the fact that Fauci’s approach lacks common sense and logic.

JWK

No John you simply don’t understand what it is he does. Epidemiology has one single, very narrow focus, that’s why we don’t let them run the world because all else is secondary to them.

I understand what he does and his recommendation lacks common sense and logic.

JWK

That’s not Fauci’s doing. He didn’t weigh his own context more than the others. We did that.

1 Like

Common sense has nothing to do with science.

2 Likes

No, you obviously know nothing bout his training, education experience, or epidemiology in general.

He has a single focus, stopping the spread of the disease, quarantine is the most effective way of accomplishing same.

The rest of the equation isn’t a consideration for classically trained epidemiologists.