Dow Plunge -800 2018 Instability

I think his point is that veteran investor Jack Ablin suggests Wall Street is overreacting to the first Treasury yield curve inversion in a decade.

Actually, it iis suggested in the CNBC article referenced in the opening post that one reason for this could be that the three year note has a greater yield than the five year treasury and this is often the sign of a recession.

And I’m sure everyone is just shocked by that revelation ■■■■■■■■

Opinions on Wall Street are like you know what.

Veteran Investor Jim Cramer and many, many, many others blame part of the collapse on… Well you can read.

1 Like

None. He really doesn’t understand econ that well, but found a contrary voice. Not that it was very relevant.

3 Likes

I assume you are serious with your claim, so I’d like some proof that your assessment is the cause for the drop in the Dow.

This is nonsense! Every report says the instability is from concerns about the trade war !

People can make up whatever opinions they want but it doesn’t make it a fact now does it?

Markets are traded on opinions. It’s a fact that trumps trade policies are affecting opinions and thus the markets

Yes, yes you did!

That’s true…it’s all speculation now isn’t it?

1 Like

Every trade or investment is

Even unrest in France can cause stock to be effected…specially if that unrest moves to other countries in EU.

Wrong spin.

And that didn’t stop forumers here and the “Hate-Obama media” from breathlessly blaming Obama for things that are now explained under Trump as “business cycles and stock markets” tending to go up and down.

Yes, it could, but that’s not what economists and analysts who study the markets are saying

That’s not what he meant…

They’re going to need a lot more sand. I can also still smell the turds.

Meanwhile, you start hitting a voter in the wallet like this, and he starts thinking about other presidential candidates.

Yes there is lot of factors that goes into this, yes uncertainty of China trade dispute is one of them, the bond and interest rates among others.

Are you denying that China been undermining US economy?

Maybe China ordered the hit on our stock exchange.

Never refuse to reuse. Recycle every day.