Dow Down 10 of 11 weeks **** FIRST TIME EVER ****

Stagflation is becoming a growing concern as well:

There is always a bullmarket somewhere.

Sometimes it is a bull market for US dollars, ammo, and canned goods . . . but always somewhere.

Some folks are saying the recession has already started.

Certain sectors can do well, for instance one can argue that green technology will do well over the next 10 years vs oil and gas companies. Nonetheless, even in those types of scenarios that’s not broad growth but one thing replacing another. Short-term it’s hard not to imagine there’s going to be more pain ahead. Long-term there very well could be a period of stagflation. No economy can grow exponentially indefinitely.

I was being tongue in cheek about the bull market for US dollars (although the ex-US investors I know actually look at it that way.

The real (inflation adjusted) Fed Funds rate has been below zero for the better part of two decades. That is an insane policy and it was absolutely immoral of the Fed chairs to their brave experiment without standing up and declaring that was their intention when they applied for their jobs.

It is a radical policy.
It has failed every time it has been tried.
Their hair-brained theory “It can’t happen to us. We are the world’s reserve currency” is not something on which they should (have) bet the US economy.

We are now paying the price.
How bad will it get? I have a history of over-estimating such tings so I will keep my mouth shut . . . but I play the market every single day. I am two-thirds cash the rest is mostly in bear market ETFs.

I am making a fortune for now and as long as I pull out in time I will keep it.

Screenshot 2022-06-18 5.19.11 PM

I knew things would go badly with the woke libs in control. That’s why i have next to nothing in the market these days.

Put my money else where.

1 Like

they have a good bull market in Dodge City, Kansas

1 Like

we’ll know in a few weeks.