Double Standards

Well ya know…there are some pretty famous conservative Canadians and Australians. Would you want them to be silenced or insulted for posting here?

Unbelievable

Please do, I would very much enjoy your facts.

Again, using my family as an analogy, if my neighbor wants to say I have a great family then I will appreciate the kind words. If they want to criticize how I raise my family then they better just shut up.

Foreign praise is nice. Foreign interference is unwanted.

We welcome all voices here. Sounds like you need to go find a bubble somewhere, cuz here ain’t it.

3 Likes

If you want an echo chamber that’s certainly your prerogative. There are plenty on the net. This however isn’t one and won’t become one just because you want it that way.

1 Like

So- for example- you would not have wanted Matt Steyn- frequent Canadian guest host of the Rush Limbaugh show- to come to this forum while Obama was president- and fiercely criticize him?

1 Like

You may welcome foreign interference in you country’s affairs but I do not. Unless you have some badge that says you speak for all members, then my position is just as valid as yours. As for where I go, you have helped me decide to stay here. hanks.

1 Like

Sounds like the problem is more that the only time you want feedback to your opinions is when it’s positive. You may in fact find that here (and I see that you have) but you have to expect criticism and yes, even snark and satire. If that negativity is directed to your positions and not your person it is typically not censored. If that is a problem or you disagree that your opinions can’t be separated from your person then yes, you will not find your time here to be enjoyable.

That’s different , Obama was bad.

Now can we get back to talking about double standards?

What I want is for people to accurately read what I say, which you obviously did not do. To dislike foreign interference is not to desire an echo chamber. A person with even limited intelligence would know that.

If you can’t define it then you don’t know it when you see it.

Again- what do you think of this question?

Would you not want Matt Steyn- frequent Canadian guest host of the Rush Limbaugh show- to come to this forum while Obama was president- and fiercely criticize him?

As I just told the other honored member: What I want is for people to accurately read what I say, which you obviously did not do. To dislike foreign interference is not to desire an echo chamber. A person with even limited intelligence would know that.

Really? Define Love.

See - now that skirts the line of personal insult.

1 Like

Can’t, and I don’t know it when I see it.

Plays for the Cavs, he wears a jersey with his name on it i think you’d know it when you saw it.

As you say, he is a guest host and specifically asked for his opinion. That is quite different from someone sticking their nose in.

Call me crazy, but I don’t like my American family attacked by outsiders. I would think that would be easy to understand. I guess it is not.

But a darn fine example of “skirting the line of personal insult” that likely won’t get you dinged!

1 Like