Dont look at the sponsors of the bill "loan shark prevention act"

I have never encountered a merchant that didn’t take Visa - unless they were a cash-only business.

I only have Visa cards, and I never carry any cash.

I rarely have cash either.

visa kept raising the fee to the merchants. Now the merchants are starting to fight back. The way things are supposed to happen. You know market forces.

AOC is sponsoring the bill.

Allan

and?..

But you don’t believe in the bible, do you?

Poor people should be able to get loans based on their ability to pay it back. They just can’t be discriminated against for their color, sex, religion etc.

BTW 15% isn’t what we are talking about here. We are talk 30-40% interest.

she is part of the left.

Fighting back by doing what?

Credit scores are color blind… obviously.

If people don’t know a 40% interest rate is bad, they must have been educated in a blue state…

Blue states dont allow 40% interest rates. Thats the red states.

Allan

1 Like

Not taking the card due to high merchant fee’s.

what major company doesnt take visa.

Allan

And doing what instead? Only taking cash? paypal? Venmo? Cash app?

crypto currency?

Allan

Now looking at my credit card. It says my rate is set quarterly at prime rate as published by x place. My best credit card has prime + 5% My worst is prime +10 percent.

So will the 15% cap be the over prime or prime included. Because with a great credit score, my worst card is over the 15% cap (counting prime) and my best is only 4.75 under the cap. Couple more interest rate hikes by the fed and even my best card would be over the cap.

They accapt other credit cards (master card, discover), some phone app things (should have seen the dance of the watch man one day in the store trying to get the reader to connect to his phone or whatever they do).

They also accept debit cards with the visa logo because those don’t run through the same mechanism as the charge for a merchant fee.

Kroger has stopped at most of it’s grocery stores.

Some smaller grocery stores have stopped taking them as well. (Saw the sign when I went into one to pick up my daughters boutenier for her date on prom.) And it was not the state I live in. So it’s more than just a Utah thing.

I have yet to run into a merchant anywhere that doesn’t accept Visa. My AMEX is a different story.

as snow stated kroger and smith’s drug store doesnt accept VISA while they are negotiating better terms.

Allan