Donald Trump's re-election campaign has been paying... Donald Trump

That’s kind of… sad.

1 Like

I’l agree that some Trump opponents push too hard. Trump ultimately is a symptom of a growing political problem in this country. But Trump should not be placed on the same level as most politicians, or even human beings. Trump is a legitimately awful person will little to no redeeming values. Comparing him to other people is misguided.

I rest my case! :+1:

Eh. I don’t think I’m far off. Trump is such a uniquely awful person, its difficult comparing to his contemporaries. Certainly you can’t just say he’s just another politician, or just another businessman for that matter. He’s a liar, a cheat, and intellectually void person. And yet, he’s the figurehead of the republican party. Go figure.

Wow! You continue to make my case! :clap:

By all means, defend Donald Trump’s honor.

1 Like

It’s not even unethical! :roll_eyes: The whole article is written with great joy about how much Trump Tower is losing $$ while renting out available space for his 2020 campaign which doesn’t cover the cost of the loss of business for nothing more but TDS sickness and HATRED of the man for the audacity of WINNING the Presidency!

The Hill is just part of the anti-Trump, anti-American leftist cabal in the country.

Are you really that low on anti Trump material that you have to start recycling from the 2016 election? As was stated back then, yes he one of his companies ownes the property. Yes His campaign does pay rent (as it would with any office space). And his companies can not (under federal election law) donate the space. The corporation must receive payment for services.

Legality isn’t even a concern for a good chunk of them either.

So … Trump Tower is the only place to rent campaign space?

Didn’t say that.

just pointing out:

A) It’s rehashing the 2016 election “outrages”
B) The election campaign has to pay for space someplace.

A) Rehash yes, but still a legitimate issue. B) Why can’t Trump rent space some where else in order to appear … I don’t know … not corrupt?

1 Like

This is from Google info.

The average monthly rent for a square foot of office space is $1.74 in Atlanta and $1.92 in Dallas, according to data from TheSquareFoot. But in San Francisco, the price jumps to $5.43. It’s even pricier in New York City at an average of $6.16 — and that’s across all five boroughs.

So you wan to try again?

because he isn’t required to/doesn’t have too?

Fact remains, it goes from his campaign to a corporation (separate legal entity). That legal entity according to election law has to charge for the service. Never Trumpers and many libies stamp their feets, jump up and down, and cry and scream over something required by law, and 100% legal.

10,000 sqft office space would cost 739,200 per year on average.

Wow did I killed this thread?

Sorry guys…didn’t mean to throw cold water on you all.

Oh. The “technically not illegal” argument. Gotcha. Well, I guess we’re at the acceptance portion of this where we’re OK that our President is directly profiting from his campaign and isn’t trying to hide it.

I expect better. You apparently are OK with Trump. That’s … sad.

What’s your point?

I don’t care about price. It’s about renting space where Trump isn’t directly profiting.

There is absolutly NOTHING illegal with it. It’s not “technically legal”. He is following the law. He is under no obligation on where to rent space.

Just you Never Trumpers and get trump out of office at any cost libbies don’t like it. Change the laws then.

Such a weak justification. And granted, Trump, with his businesses, is such a unique case that we’ve never experienced before. But it would be so easy for him to avoid using his own properties. Again, we should all expect better … regardless of this bull ■■■■ “legality” argument.