Donald Trump and Elizabeth Warren’s different visions of corruption in America

“I happen to agree with it 100%. if you have a person living in an area that’s not even necessarily a good area, and … government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and … create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good.” --Donald Trump

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/08/19/donald-trumps-abuse-of-eminent-domain/

And this is one of my all-time favorites: “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time,” Trump said at a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence.

“Take the guns first, go through due process second,” Trump said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/376097-trump-take-the-guns-first-go-through-due-process-second

Her plan actually goes much further:

Her plan calls for creating a federal licensing system,

You’ll need the federal govnerments permition to purchase and own a gun

limiting the number of firearms someone could buy,

Then telling US Citizens how many they can own

holding gun manufacturers liable (and, in some cases, even holding gun industry CEOs personally liable).

Then putting the manufactureres out of business.

She also wants to raise taxes for gun manufacturers (from 10% to 30% on guns and from 11% to 50% on ammunition).

And then make it too exp[ensive to buy any that remain.

So much for the 2nd amendment in her eye’s.

Any of that on her website you looked around at?

Asked and answered. I’ll leave it to others to shout TDS at you.

If Trump actually moves forward with any actual wall building on the border, it will be interesting to see how his supporters on the forum find balance between their desire for a wall and the numerous eminent domain issues that will evoke.

Those are her positions on guns, but why is that germane to the two competing visions of corruption. We have plenty of threads where different approaches to redoing gun related deaths have been discussed.

1 Like

Luo said they went to her website and didn’t find anything about confiscating guns. So I was asking if any of that (stuff that is just as bad and more far reaching) was on her web site.

Read the post I replied to okay.

People on the right find nothing to like about Warren or her positions.

I agree that Citizens United should be overturned as well.

That is absolutely correct.

1 Like

So people on the right do not think money has too great an influence on political campaigns and don’t care if politicians take lucrative jobs working for industries that were influenced by their votes. Okay, glad we’re clear on that.

1 Like

Warren lied on her College documents saying she was American Indian, she is morally bankrupt like Hillary and her using a private server as Secretary of State.

1 Like

Warren repeated a story that had been told to her by her grandmother. Do you think Warren was lying deliberately?

And then when you consider the thousands of documented lies by Donald Trump, wouldn’t you lump in him the same category?

The only wealthy people she wants to “go after” are medical insurance industrialists.

To the suffering of all sick people who will be forced to wait and appeal to their government overlords for care they desperately need.

A losing proposition.

:tickets:

She knew she was lying with zero documentation to prove it, her actions are totally disrespectful to those of us who are real Native Americans.

I certainly want the government controlling an ever increasing number of things or people as Warren clearly does.

Plus her spending and taxing ideas are just insane. Nothing to like with Warren.

Oh did i forget to mention she favors legalized abortion as well?

What’s to like???

Sounds like she wants to use the Government for her private charity.

She wants to go after anyone who has a smidge of money via her Wealth Tax.

She will go after the middle class as well because even if she took all the money from the wealthy she still couldn’t finance her “freebie” ideas.

1 Like

It will be interesting watching people’s reaction to the stock market if Warren wins.

She is wanting to devalue the dollar, one of the things people are freaking out about in Britain and Brexit the devaluation of the pound.

1 Like

Both candidates are speaking of “draining the swamp”. Here’s my question: to what extent is corruption in government a matter of policy – i.e., if we block gun control legislation, restrict abortion and reduce immigration will that address corruption? Or is corruption a matter of politicians putting the accumulation of personal wealth and of campaign contributions ahead of the public good.

Which vision of corruption is more credible?

That’s kind of a convoluted question as worded, IMO, but obviously the latter, which Trump has done nothing but since he came into office.

We are look at record number of Americans on food stamps again with Warren in charge, will call it Obama 2.0.

A bad guess on your part. She won’t.