DOJ Quickly Responded After Trump Said He'll "Demand" An Investigation Into Whether Politics Were Behind Campaign Surveillance

“As always,” she added, “the Inspector General will consult with the appropriate U.S. Attorney if there is any evidence of potential criminal conduct.”

If someone can find a link to the entire response post it. It’s really good (and professional which feels a bit odd these days).

What they’re saying is they’re gonna double-check and if there are any issues they’re investigate it.

My guess is this will either be over quickly or take a while.

Can’t wait till later today when he demands it, “officially”, whatever the hell that means.

Only thing I can think of is, “Do it or you are fired”.

That would be entertaining.

First thing that came to my mind was that it costs nothing for Rosenstein to act respond as he did to humor (aka protect) the president from himself.

More like an opportunity, Sure thing Mr. President, we’ll investigate that for you, look what we found, you are full of ■■■■■ you’re welcome.

1 Like

i almost wish that Trump and Rudy were democrats so the texts from my cousins would be “crooked yankee lawyer” instead of ■■■■■■■■ un-american FBI”.

1 Like

There must be trials by the midterms.

1 Like

LMAO… IF they discovered a criminal act and started working on an indictment today, you are talking at least a year of grand jury proceedings, discovery, motions, etc. Unless something is already well underway, there will be no trials before the midterms.

That is how I took it as well. Although I’m not so sure that what he really meant was, “prove the speculation or get fired.” The latter of which being obviously more concerning. But admitted just assumption on my part.

Your cousins?

Wow! in the church, in the community, in the family. That is really strange.

It’s not strange at all. I have partisan republicans in my family in the South.

This seems to really bother you. That’s fascinating.

church too… so you’ve told us.

There are partisan republicans all over the South.

Shocking, I know.

Wouldn’t it be delicious if Fat Donald’s “I demand” an investigation regarding innapropiate 2016 campaign tactics by his opposition turned out instead to expose criminal campaign activity by his own campaign?

:smile:

What will Fat Donald do when it is revealed there was no “there” there?

What’s strange about that at all?

He already knows that is likely coming. This is just a delaying tactic. Trump’s looking for time to come up with an exit strategy.

The problem for his is that he has a LOT of experience executing on exit strategies, but none of them are viable as President. The Presidency is a very exposed spot. He cannot just declare bankruptcy and call his debts good. He cannot pay off a litigant and call it a nuisance settlement. Rudy Giuliani cannot submarine this investigation into him like he has in the past when he was a US Attorney.

He’s executing on a strategy that has worked for him in the past, which is making a ■■■■■■■■ of noise and confusion and accusing people of the exact behavior he engages in, but he and his team already know that’s only going to last so long.

I predict he will eventually kick over the table holding the chess board and then run out of the room blaming Democrats and the deep state.

Fully 60% of Republicans or about 25% of the country will believe and still support him when he does it. They’ll stand around tut-tutting him like a helicopter Mom telling him how he was wronged.

2 Likes