DOJ issues warrants to Facebook for info on several political activists, ip addy of millions of users

"The warrants specifically target the accounts of three Facebook users who are described by their attorneys as “anti-administration activists who have spoken out at organized events, and who are generally very critical of this administration’s policies.”

Are these users being targeted for intimidation and harassment or what?

A short article;

Had to read all the way to the bottom for a hint as to why they might be seeking such warrants.

from DOJ demands Facebook info from 'anti-administration activists' | CNN Politics

Carrefour denied that he was involved in any of the riots in Washington, DC, on Inauguration Day, but acknowledged that he has “participated in or helped to organize dozens of demonstrations and events of various types in service of political causes.”

Yup, I saw that. That’s one of the three. They also wanted the ip addresses of millions of users who may have merely clicked on the page. That is ridiculous and more than a little worrisome.

I trust the Trump DoJ to be completely above board.

2 Likes

Many here do, when they are accusing them of being in democrats back pocket.

Remember? Facebook was the scene of the crime according to libs and Mueller. Libs set the precedent.

Are you really comparing Russian operatives who hid their true identity to American citizens who didn’t? Yeah you go with that.

I love you constitutional conservatives. Lol

Warrants are unconstitutional?

Goose… gander.

Just for shots and giggles;

Are they FISA warrants?

2 Likes

Are you going lefty?

No, sometimes I just like throwing ■■■■ in the air to see where it lands.

1 Like

They originally came with a gag order, so it does kinda sound like it, but it would appear that they are American citizens. Two are anarchists and one Antifa. I have little to no sympathy for their causes, but their rights are their rights.

Lol I’m not surprised.

Warrants are. Their use to affect first amendment rights arguably isn’t.

The first amendment does not apply to those who are not physically in United States With a few caveats. Sure as butt doesn’t apply to Russian GRU agents. So tell me more about this goose and his gander.

Also this isn’t new. The US government trying to weed out the trouble makers goes back decades and Hoover sure as hell wasnt a liberal

Lol @ small government conservatives.

Lol how long don’t you think it would take me to go into one of the other Facebook/social media threads and find you saying something that makes you look like a hypocrite?