DOJ announces it's it won't defend the ACA

If Trump Inc (none who worry about paying their bills, or medical bills specifically) start messing with medicare and kill pre existing condition legislation I can only think that voters for him deserve it.

My anger (and theirs) is directed at Obama and the Democrats that took their coverage from them and flat out lied to them.

And then did nothing to address it.

It’s not as popular as you appear to think it is.

from Gallup Polls Reveal Obamacare's Failures

In 25 polls dating back to November 15-18, 2012, Obamacare has been underwater in all polls but five, meaning the fraction of Americans who disapproved of the law outnumbered the fraction who favored it by anywhere from one percentage point (July 2015) to as high as 19 percentage points (November 6-9, 2014, which likely explains the Republican takeover of the Senate that year).

Again, I don’t believe that any hardship I face gives me the right to demand others pay to alleviate it.

What could they do? They lost the house and their supermajority to Republicans immediately after it was passed.

Republicans were very invested in making sure the ACA didn’t work for people like your parents.

1 Like

So do the republicans in here want to go back to the old days of insurance companies dropping you because you made too many dr visits?

When I was young and worked for a big company we had a meeting in the auditorium where they described to us their expenses for things (but mostly it was about health insurance).

They actually had the gall to list the conditions of employees, just the numbers of course, that were running up the costs for the company and used that as a reason to give lower raises (blaming it in the insurance company).

So guess who everybody got mad at?

Again: Easy for you to say.

The difference between us is that I spent a lot of time trying to help those facing hardship.

You really think the dems did nothing to try to address it? Where have you been?
What lie are you still stewing about a decade later?

Yep…

Was this the court decision that said because the Trump administration made the mandate—one of the three legs of the ACA stool—to be $0, that made the other two legs—community ratings and guaranteed issue—unconstitutional? If so, dumbest ruling ever.

You don’t know me. You have no idea what I have done for the less fortunate on a voluntary basis not to mention how much I have paid in taxes that go towards helping them involuntarily.

What could they do? Not claim you could have kept your plan to begin with.

Secondly, why did they lose so many seats right after it was passed? Everyone loved it so much?

Finally, it was up to republican to fix the Democrats major ■■■■ up? Ok, I can handle that.

Obama’s major lie- you can keep your health care plan if you like it. Obviously that wasn’t the case.

Oh how nice.

Volunteering isn’t what the poor and sick need and chipping in a few bucks hasn’t been sufficient for many, many years. And we’ve heard your opinion on how your tax dollars are spent.

Then you should be a huge fan of the GOP running on eliminating it…

They lost seats before it was ever enacted. Remember death panels?

Republicans didn’t fix it. They didn’t want to fix it. They wanted people to suffer. That way they win more seats as people blamed the Democrats for their suffering.

Yes, I doubt it will survive the appeal but you never know…

I am, nor do I care if it costs them seats to eliminate it.

I kept my doctors. So he didn’t lie to me. Lol. But honestly, he was over optimistic with that comment that Repugs love to beat to death.
I think it’s hilarious, truly hilarious that people get hung up on that one comment support Trump, the giant liar of our time. It’s hard to take them seriously.

2 Likes