DOJ announces it's it won't defend the ACA

Plenty of time for the 5th circuit to hear this case and issue a decision before Nov 2020…

RE: Texas v. United States, No. 19-10011 (5th Cir.)

Dear Mr. Cayce:

The Department of Justice has determined that the district court’s judgment
should be affirmed. Because the United States is not urging that any portion of the
district court’s judgment be reversed, the government intends to file a brief on the
appellees’ schedule.

Yep get rid of the ACA lets go back to the old system where asthma is a pre existing condition and Aetna was kicking people off their plan 50k a month at a time

Has anyone seen this awesome new healthcare plan that Trump is going to send over to Congress for approval on day 1?

Oh, snap - I think he’s late…

6 Likes

I’m gonna laugh my ass off if the older republicans here, with pre existing conditions, lose their coverage or the premiums get jacked up massively. Because they voted for this.

And tons of republicans are definitely older Americans with pre existing conditions.

2 Likes

And I don’t know if you guys realize this or not but Trump and the people he’s nominated to key positions in our government don’t have to worry about health insurance like you guys do.

LOL

Suckers

1 Like

Since pre existing conditions exclusions save so much money, why don’t we add it to Medicare. :slight_smile:

My health insurance was far less expensive before the ACA and you didn’t have to wait six weeks to get an appointment.

I can afford health insurance or even pay out of pocket if I had to. But, even if I couldn’t, that wouldn’t mean I would think it was right to make other people pay my bills.

4 Likes

Even if the ACA was repealed I do not see pre-existing conditions making a return for self funded plans. Even before the ACA the trend was to eliminate pre-existing voluntarily because the administration cost many times eliminated any cost savings. It also caused huge provider abrasion as payment could be delayed for up to 2 years while a pre-ex investigation was completed, not to mention the abrasion with employees and the cost to the employer of additional missed work.

That’s easy for you to say.

Please provide the details of your plan that was “far less expensive” before the ACA.

How do you feel about Medicare spending far more for the average recipient than they have contributed?

If you have insurance, other people kind of pay your bills anyway.

And you pay others’.

Cheap insurance is easy. Just make sure that no one that actually needs medical care is in your risk pool.

That’s what they want to go back to.

My parents had a plan that worked for them, in their 50s, when Obamacare was passed. However, since Obama straight up lied, my parents couldn’t keep their plan because it didn’t include maternity coverage. For my parents in their 50s. Over the next five years they had to change plans four times due to the ever changing requirements of that ridiculous law. And they’re paying nearly double what they did before Obamacare. My dad recently retired but was self-employed and made too much for subsidies, so their quality of life took a hit. He ended up working a few more years because of it.

■■■■ Obamacare and Democrats who didn’t and don’t give a ■■■■ about people like my parents.

2 Likes

This Republican plan was never going to work.

Medicare-for-All is the key.

I have never heard anyone complain about Medicare.

I lived the first half of my life in poverty, at no time did I ever think that entitled me to other people’s money.

There is a difference between voluntary and involuntary risk pools.

It is a shame your parents struggled under Obamacare. That was very unfair to them. Where as it hurt your parents, it had saved many, many lives. That’s just a fact.

You should focus your anger at the Republicans and Joe Lieberman who took the build option off the table and didn’t need work to make it better.

Anecdotes aside, those supporting this should be very happy with this development. Maybe the ruling will stand and the GOP can run on being the party that eliminated the ACA. Should be popular with the electorate…

1 Like

You think of it as other people’s money. When it truth The ACA provided the chance to remain alive for many people.

At what point in time did you face bankruptcy from medical expenses?

Try being poor in the second half of your life. It gets much, much more difficult.