Doing "Something" About "Racism" in this Country

What’s wrong with Juneteenth?

Why? How does listening to your story help him?

I know the history of my white brothers & sisters in this country. That’s what we’re taught in school, we (we as in black folks in America) are inundated with it in media, advertisements, books, in every aspect of our lives in this country. I can almost guarantee, many of us in the black community know more about you all than you all know about us. You don’t know our history so therefore it’s out of sight, out of mind and not relevant. You don’t have to know our history to navigate America, but as black people we have to know yours.

So no I don’t need to listen. All I need to hear after you enlighten yourself is, “We understand…”.

Know better, do better.

2 Likes

So you don’t need to know anything else. You’re doing as well as you possibly can. Must be nice to achieve nirvana.

No you don’t, but I see what you’re saying. Interesting the complaints about the school system. What percentage of black history vs. white history would be acceptable in public schools?

nothing

He knows so much about white people that he even knows what white people know and dont know. I’m impressed. :slight_smile:
I bet he could tell me what I’m thinking right now.

3 Likes

look. all ya gotta do is watch movies and tv and you learn all about white men. Didn’t you hear him? its everywhere! He knows all about the lynching of white people and the white indentured servants and …

3 Likes

I began with a 23andMe genetic test a few years back. It confirmed many of my suspicions, along with much of the genealogy my great aunt had already uncovered over the course of 40 years. Her research was world class, and our lineage can be traced back to the 10th Century A.D., but only in England and Scotland. Genetically, I am of (and exclusively) every single European ethnicity north of the Mediterranean, which includes western Russian.

I could spend my entire life unpacking my ancestry. Someone else’s history would have to be pretty damn amazing to interest me at this point.

Burn all current grade school history books and start over. Start from the “Discovery” of America and go straight into slavery. The timeline of America should have slavery woven all throughout it. Like the actual realities of it… not some white washed version.

Everything I was taught in school basically skipped over slavery as if it was just a minor thing that happened years ago. Lincoln was our savior! Yay we are free! No we need to teach real accurate history. Black History is American history.

I’ll think of more… but we have to start with education.

3 Likes

Sounds like libs want to tear down historical statues while deciding what history needs to be shoved in one race’s face for their entire childhoods.

Most parents would prefer to protect their children from such bullies. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

if it had been white washed , you would not know ■■■■ about it.

more importantly… it was over 150 ■■■■■■■ years ago. Get out from under Democrats who want you to feel like victims and you can get on with life. My grandfather was still enslaved when your ancestors had been free for 50 years. We got over it. Just stop wallowing in it.

5 Likes

that is fascinating. 10 th century. damn

i only traced back mine in america. my ancestors were a big name in the earliest settlers in the area i live, from england

we share similar heritage. most european countries, genetically

1 Like

Most American history textbooks are unbelievably Texas-centric because they’re written there.

So far, the most important thing I’ve learned about my ancestry, is that my people were both the enslaved and the slavers (in Europe, not America) in many different periods, and I am the product of centuries of bitter strife between many varying ethnicities that all ended in love and marriage between every single one of their former enemies.

I’m not impressed with American history, and certainly not with the ideas for a “new” teaching of American history. It’s infantile and one-dimensional in comparison to my history.

3 Likes

Tell me more about the travails of your ancestors under the Ottoman Empire and how that means you know what it’s like to be black.

1 Like

Talk to people, not about them please.

i imagine it would be!

i however find my american history most fascinating. all the struggles and hardships of my ancestors here, subjugation, injuries, racism, disease from conditions in mines…

im tempted to march through MY town in a “peaceful” “protest” “celebrating” the accomplishments in my heritage

but, it doesnt help democrats so no knees for us

That I absolutely agree with.

History and Science need to be taught better anyway. A lot of the humanity is lost, when it’s presented as just a bunch of facts.