Does Uncle Joe stand a chance?

We have already had this argument 1000 times. Do you think that Uncle Joe stands a chance with his obvious short comings?

That might be possible. In politics, sometimes the game is played that way. Some candidates may actually be running for Vice President.

I bet a lot of them are. :sunglasses:

He only has a chance if people believe that he will be bringing someone of the right demographic with him. Somehow he will need to announce it without actually announcing it.

And not coming up with examples doesn’t make your argument any stronger.

I think Joe stands a fairly good chance and would likely make an excellent President. As I said, he is a man who can connect with voters because he is a genuinely decent person who has known pain and struggle in his life.

Right- Harris seems competent, and checks off a few boxes, as well.

I have no argument. This is about Biden. Remember?

:thinking:

HIs race will only be an issue brought out by CEC sources and repeated by CEC customers.

His age will be a problem discussed by dems but avoided by cons in the national. Too close to the President’s age. Although I can already predict how that will go…

Trump is only 74 but Biden will be 83 by the end of his first term. Almost a decade difference in CEC math.

1 Like

A lesson learned in 2016 was that Clinton’s crew overlooked the importance of the rust belt. I said back then that if she had picked Sherrod Brown instead of Tim Kaine, she would have won the mid-west and won the election. The two coasts are great for money raising. But without making gains in the mid-west and south, Trump wins. I agree that a woman on the ticket would be good. But Harris might not have enough pull in the rust belt.

True. So maybe Brown/Harris would be better?

Voting based on ideology went out the window with trump…as he has NO ideological orientation whatsoever.

What’s important now is to vote for integrity, in which case anyone is better than Trump, regardless of party affiliation.

2 Likes

I like Biden’s chances. And whoever he picks might be next in line for the WH. So I am wondering if Beto would have both the money raising power plus gain votes in the mid-west. If it needs to be a woman, would Klobuchar be a good choice? One thing is for sure. I will bet you dollars to dog nuts that the DNC is polling like crazy to try to get a handle on who should be who.

1 Like

That’s going to be my guiding principle - character over partisanship

Biden missed his chance in 2016. His age will very much work against him now.

I’m here to tell you that my 20 year old daughter and all of her friends would happily vote for Biden because it takes them back to the days of Obama and a quiet and sane presidential administration.

1 Like

That will be tough to ignore.

He’s not showing any signs of mental deterioration, and side by side with Trump he looks way younger.

1 Like

I get it. 20 year olds pay very few taxes, have limited life experience, own no property, have no kids and have bough into the fantasy that Washington is the source of all wisdom. Of course they are going to vote for someone who promises that all of their needs wil be provided by the government. Makes total sense.

See how well it works. So predictable.