Does Ukraine have a future?

What word? They aren’t NATO.

1 Like

budapest agreement. you know, where they agreed to give up the worlds 3rd largest nuclear arsenal and we agreed to ensure their defense. is that meaningless?

I don’t know anything about a Budapest agreement.

I know we don’t need to be funneling tens of billions of dollars that we don’t have to Ukraine. Could this have anything to do with the Biden’s financial dealings with Ukraine? :thinking:

Let the Europeans back them for a change. The Europeans love to get us involved but do little in these situations themselves.

1 Like

the europeans didn’t sign the budapest agreement, we did, with the UK, Russia and Ukraine. you not knowing about it doesn’t change it.

if they were NATO, we wouldn’t be sending weapons, we’d be bringing them with us.

they are not asking us to fight for or with them. just for the means to defend their nation. which we promised them we would do.

If you feel so strongly you could always go over there and volunteer to fight for them.

Empty the bank account and send it. Just saying.

1 Like

your just saying ■■■■■■■■■ I’m not surprised when faced with the realities of our agreements you resort to it. The United States of America made a promise. Not me, not you, us. We made that promise in exchange for something we perceived to be of great value, and worth the promise. Its time to keep the promise. Aside from just keeping our word, the benefits are at least equal to the cost.

The collapse of the Russian military is a good thing for us and we’re getting it on the cheap. To date, our actual delivery of aid is around 20B. A pittance when you consider the outcome. We’ve spent trillions of dollars on weapons systems specifically to counter the Russian threat. 20B delivered for what they’ve done so far is a good deal. 100B to finish the job is a bargain.

The deminishment of Russia on the world stage is a good thing. Certainly doesn’t bode well for Asad in Syria, Kahmeini in Iran or Kim in NK. And our main rival, China, can’t get much out of a broken machine.

Add to that the world seeing that if they do not pursue WMD’s the United States will keep its word, and you get a lot out of it.

1 Like

How many tens of billions do you think we should send? We have already sent a tremendous amount of money to the Ukraine.

You propose we be an open ended bank for these people?

Sooner or later if this thing gets hot enough some idiot (like Biden) will send our troops in. Ukraine is not worth the blood of our children and grandchildren imo. Not even one of them.

Also i looked it up and the UK also signed the agreement. Have they sent anything?

In summary we need to stay out of it. O&T was absolutely correct.

1 Like

around 20B is what we’ve sent. We’ve promised more, we haven’t sent it yet.

As much as it takes to keep our word.

if we give them what they need to defend themselves that will be a lot less likely

of course they have.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-9477/

Not honoring the Budapest agreement is the equivalent of buying a house and expecting to keep it when you refuse to pay the mortgage.

So how does this sound

“The United States officially declares that it will not honor the Budapest agreement; therefore we do not expect Ukraine to honor it and pursuant to a repo order we will immediately send Ukraine the same or similar Nuclear weapons as it possessed so that it can provide for its own defense”

for anyone interested in a vary well made commentary I offr this. I just watched it, its well worth the time

Perun is very good, and very balanced. His video’s are outstanding

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

don’t know what you’re laughing about, its verifiable. most of what we’ve offered is either not delivered yet or scheduled in future

Try more than twice that Brandon Inc admits to just in 2022.

For something that has nothing to do with us and will not benefit the US in any way.

And then the nation building will start…

Just another millstone around the neck.

2 Likes

what they say and what they do are not the same.

it does, and it will

So what? The money is spent.

1 Like

Well said.

1 Like

You’re right. It’s much more.

How?

1 Like

when you promise something and don’t deliver it you have spent nothing.

this of course does not even begin to address the point that what i’m talking about now are weapon systems we are spending money on to keep in storage that we will never use.

for instance, i just learned that the stryker vehicle is being taken out of service. they will all be put in storage and never used. it costs us nothing to lend, lease, or give them to ukraine. it may even save us the storage and maintenance cost

your fee fees don’t ammount to much. 20B actually delivered. thats verifiable. the rest is scheduled to be delivered.

already explained it, try reading

I did read it. It’s ridiculous, stuck in the 80s nonsense.

Russia has done nothing to the US and poses no throught to us.

“Kill a commie for mommy!” is boomer nonsense.

2 Likes