Does California really need 30 million more people?

People like living there. Why judge? There’s something about smug small towners who act all judgmental about people who like living in the big cities. Don’t worry about it. Sheesh.

2 Likes

But those small town just love those federal essential air service route paid for by those big cities

1 Like

Not only that, but go ahead and post a pic of one of the biggest driving days of the year and pretend that’s the norm. I spent 4 hours driving the interstate today. Yes, it was very congested.

Maybe if elitist snobs of that state mind their own business it wouldn’t be a problem.

Well maybe. If you’re lucky enough to be on the receiving end of my wisdom.

Necropost. Sounds like the Sesame Street word of the day. Me like!

Actually Samm they need more people from states like AZ and Nevada, Texas and few others.

Of course I’m talking about democrats moving there. Keep em all in one or two states. :wink:

The wisdom on the op thread is on par with the wisdom from A trump interview. Lots of complaining about perceived problem with a thin vener to separate it from the xenophobia core

2 Likes

It’s not a perceived problem. It’s a real problem. Unless you can figure out how to squeeze an infinite number of people into a finite space.

How many people is too many? Would it be a good idea to surround Yosemite park with a city the size of LA? We both agree that a finite area cannot withstand infinite population growth. In your opinion, when do we start to think about it? after 10 million more? 20 million? Answer please.

The US is not running out of land not by a Longshot and I am not even talking about paving Yosemite. Detroit, New Orleans for example where a lot of people left has tens of thousands of houselds that can fit with people who for one reason or other moved away, not to mention the thousands of small town who shuttered because movement to large cities. But continue complaining about immgrants because you had to wait in traffic for a bit during a holiday season
25dw8u

1 Like

I have been informed in many threads that there is plenty of excess room for immigrants of the legal or illegal kind in the middle of the desert. What, you mean they just keep moving into already overcrowded metroplex areas? Don’t they read this forum?

We are running out. We have no choice. If you contimue to pour more people into a finite area you will run out of room. There is no other option.

Only 4 percent of the animals in the U.S. are wild. Habitat destruction has done in most of the wildlife,
Every drop of water from the Colorado river is used by man. None of it reaches the sea anymore.
Over population in Florida caused a red tide that made the beaches unuseable and caused massive destruction of wildlife. Most of the area that used to be called the everglades has been paved.
The Gulf shore Island where I vacationed this year is about 50 percent developed. In 20 years it will be 100 percent developed.
As shown by my picture the interstates cannot keep up with demand. We will need more interstates. Soon.
We have paved everything from San Diego to LA and halfway up to San Fran. Most of the East coast From NY to Miami has been paved. And you want more pavement?

We have 330 million people now and getting from point A to point B is excruciating. Quality of life at 400 million will simply suck.

1 Like

You identify all the proper issues…then you think the problem is immigration.

You need to reset and rethink because immigration is NOT the problem.

2 Likes

Well let’s put it this way, if they obtain that 30 million by all of the liberals who left coming back, then no problem. In theory if all the most far left people are concentrated in one state, it’s a winning situation since even with a bloated number of electoral votes, states like NV, NM, AZ, and CO may turn solid red, which would offset the increase.

There is nothing to rethink. It is an absolute fact that most of our population growth is from immigration. I think the current levels are too high. 500,000 per year would be more sustainable.

We are not running out of room, we are however using very bad policies when it comes to development in certain areas (which party is running on removing of regulations again?) Immigration is not the reason development occurs though Blaming immigration for that makes no sense. It’s going to happen whether immigrants come here or not.

Population growth is a symptom, not a root cause.

Think again.

Where do you get that only 4% of animals in the US are wild?

I mean think of that. Really think on it.

What are you classifying as “animals”?

I can’t remember. Maybe it was from https://www.numbersusa.com/

I just google it
60 percent are livestock
36 percent are human
and 4 percent are wild.

My mistake was, that is a world wide stat. Not a U.S, stat.

That’s ridiculous. What are they classifying as “animals”?

What am I supposed to see at that link?