Does ANYONE really believe

You sure it’s not because of his agenda?

Pelosi realize that impeachment is going to cost them big in 2020 which is why she has continually resisted calls for impeachment.

This not so official, impeachment inquiry is just throwing a pile of bones and red meat to the rabid left who have demanded it all along.

Unless they produce some actual evidence of real crimes on the part of Trump there’s no way she brings it to a formal vote.

At best they are hoping that they’ll find some justification for impeachment through Schifty’s completely partisan “Impeachment Inquiry”.

Consider it a Hail Mary last ditch effort to find something before the campaign season really heats up.

Personally I think when the cases hit the courts over the Administration refusing to cooperate absent a formal vote to open an inquiry are likely to be found in favor of Trump in the long run which will force Pelosi to either call for a vote or drop it.

Dead sure. If it was his agenda he would not have lost those states and districts that supported him in 2016 because nothing in his platform had changed.

Hmmm. 55/45 chance, I’d say. Maybe 60/40.

What do you think ?

True, but the voters didn’t have to choose between just a regular left wing Democrat and the extreme nut jobs that have become the new face of the Democrat party. The Democrats have abandoned ANY pretense of moderation, they’ve put pretty much everything they believe in out in the open now. Gun confiscation, after birth abortions, tax funded sex change operations… Things that they kept hidden until very recently.

I think you’re probably right hence the current panic.

Then we officially have a king no? If an administration doesnt have any oversight whatsoever and doesnt have to cooperate then they can so whatever they want to .

What’s politics without panic ? :smile:

1 Like

Either way, Trump will stall. That only benefits him, and if he gets other agenda items done, or moving in the right direction, he wins. Pelosi knows this so she might be pressured to push for a vote just to get it over with and far behind by election time.

I haven’t seen a consistent message from Democrats yet, and I don’t think “HATE TRUMP” is going to put them over the finish line. Unless they come up with something real they are in trouble. A big problem for them is how many times they’ve cried wolf in less than three years. Voters are getting tired of it.

Oversight is limited to areas where the congress has a legitimate legislative interest.

This isn’t oversight, is an anal exam and fishing expedition and an assault on the separation of powers.

1 Like

“HATE TRUMP” could work, but incumbents such a huge advantage. You realize last time an incumbent president lost was nearly three decades ago ?

Absolutely. And what did Bush the first in was breaking his " no new taxes" promise. The Democrats have much to overcome and I don’t see Warren, Sanders or even a scandal free, gaffe free Biden being the one to do it.

Sometimes the Devil you know is preferable to the Devil you don’t…

1 Like

The President using his office to personally ask a foreign head of state to investigate his political opponent in order to influence an upcoming election isn’t a legitimate interest to Congress?

So the fact that the House went Democrat was somehow a signal that more of the electorate wanted Republicans to be more in step with Trump?

What world do you live in that you think the 2018 elections were a win for Trumps agenda?

Benghazi had no legitimate legislative interest. 8 investigations were not needed, least of all 1, to better defend our missions abroad.

You just described the 8 investigations into Benghazi, including the Select Committee that sat with Hilldawng for 11 hours. There was no legislative interest there. Their only interest was keeping Hillary from the WH.

It’s amazing. Trump supporters will try to claim that 8 investigations into Benghazi had “legislative interest” but that investigating whether a sitting president influence-peddled for his own personal gain? Partisan Witch Hunt.

2 Likes

Does that matter?

Impeachment is a political thing. The dems think it’s good politics.

What the senate does means nothing.

Allan

< turns on the flashlight >

there is no mitch mcconnell corruption, and the deranged leftist non-journalist press and media are his worst enemies