Does a partial re-opening even work?

About masks:

"Can face masks help prevent the spread of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19? Yes, face masks combined with other preventive measures, such as frequent hand-washing and social distancing, help slow the spread of the virus.

So why weren’t face masks recommended at the start of the pandemic? At that time, experts didn’t yet know the extent to which people with COVID-19 could spread the virus before symptoms appeared. Nor was it known that some people have COVID-19 but don’t have any symptoms. Both groups can unknowingly spread the virus to others."

Notice the “…didn’t yet know the extent…” part. You will rarely see that in a politicized article, as they like to pretend everyone should have known from the beginning what was found out later.

Yup. Virtue signaling.

Science.

I recently went on vacation down to Galveston, to the beach. Unlike the pictures of Miami, it was not crowded at all, at least on weekdays. Restaurants were mostly well spaced. Masks within shops were common. There was an outdoor pool but it was easy to use it at a time when there were no more than about 6 people well spaced in it.
Only one restaurant was not well spaced at all. The waiter had his masked pulled down. I would not go there again.
Summary…most people are still cautious and taking precautions and you can avoid places that aren’t. Unless you like huge parties, you can keep up precautions without drastically changing your life.

Well i’m semi cautious. If the parking lot is full we don’t go in. I still wear a mask in the grocery but not in the restaurants.

Still maintaining my normal 97 degree temp. Normal for me anyway. :smile:

Whether or not a “partial re-opening” will work depends on what you believe the goal of it to be.

Same answer for masks.

Spiking cases but reduced percentages of deaths would seem to indicate much of the spiking is just the result of increased testing.

Where are you located?

Not giving out that sort of personal information.

Not necessarily because the positive rate % has also spiked a bit. As well as hospitalizations.

state?

Nothing. We tried. It was not guaranteed to be a success. Cases are up but fatalities and hospitalizations are down. Maybe the virus is weakening?

1 Like

wow. do nothing…ok…

Don’t be pessimistic.
I have it on good authority the virus is just going to go away.

What would you do?

Good Lord. CNN again? :roll_eyes:

No, my lying eyes and ears.

But who cares anyway.

So what would you do? Re-lock everybody?

the same things that the many other countries around the globe have done to successfully contain COVID.

Lock down until cases are manageable, then test and trace while carefully re-opening.

You know that The President doesn’t control how the states respond. Right? The states are making the decisions that are best for them. How do you make people careful who don’t want to be careful?

1 Like

What’s the point of responding when you start with that absurd falsehood?