Do You Really Want Me to Rule the Country?

I assure you you can be drafted even if you are out of the country.
I assure you you can be tried in absentia.

1 Like

I posted the congressional record and the opinion in Wong Kim Ark.

Nothing is better settled at the common law than the doctrine that the children, even of aliens, born in a country while the parents are resident there under the protection of the government and owing a temporary allegiance thereto, are subjects by birth.

You’re wrong. Loyalty and allegiance are emotions.

1 Like

True, but I think you’re responding to the wrong post or you misunderstood what I was replying to.

Not according to the definitions used at the time.

Wong’s parents were legal permanent residents of the US.

there was no distinction at the time.

I didn’t look at what you were replying to, I replied to what you posted. You are quite simply wrong in this entire debate.

And yet they are.

Illegal entry didn’t exist at the time. There was no such exception.

Are you trying to claim that a child born in the United States is not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States for purposes of the 14th Amendment?

Again, refer to the cited cases and articles. They have dual allegiances and are subject to the jurisdiction of the home country as well which was the concern.

Exactly, it was never addressed because it didn’t exist.

So, as for illegal immigrants: Are they not subject to our laws? Do we not exercise jurisdiction over them? We’ve charged illegal immigrants for capital offenses and executed them. You don’t get subject to our jurisdiction more than being tried and executed.

This is what it looks like when someone has to think they right now matter how wrong they are. Take the loss and have a beer.

1 Like

They are also subjects of a foreign state and under their jurisdiction as are their children born in the US.

They are subject to our jurisdiction. Full stop.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

You are wrong.

The Congressional Record is not on your side.

Judicial precedent is not on your side.

Reality is not on your side.

2 Likes

That doesn’t matter. The United States does not recognize dual citizenship.

And one more time, refer to the cited cases/decisions and articles posted.

One more time, under the definition used at the time they were not fully under our jurisdiction because the children upon birth had citizenship in a foreign state, thus under their jurisdiction as well.

The US has never recognized dual citizenship.