Do you agree with President Trump that banning the conferate flag is bad for NASCAR?

[/quote]

Tide isn’t specific to women. I thought they had many young male consumers who liked to ingest their products :wink:
[/quote]

And a Clorox chaser for the Covid…Just in case it works. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Some of the biggest fans of NASCAR fly/flew the Confederate flag. Running moonshine and eluding the police were what preempted NASCAR. Bruton Smith purchased the race date from the track at North Wilkesboro and moved it to Texas. It started out very popular but over the years, the audience size is now dwindling. I don’t care about NASCAR and I don’t care about the Confederate flag but…IMO…NASCAR alienated some of their core fans with this decision.

2 Likes

So basically if we assume the opposite is true to whatever Mr. trump says is true we would not go far wrong

Sponsorship is more important than some redneck feelings. Toyota, Ford and Chevy do not want that stupid confederate ■■■■ in their portfolio…

1 Like

Pretty much. Empty bleachers + increased tv numbers is a winner for the brands and the sponsors win win plus add the free publicity they are getting from Mr Trump they can’t lose

1 Like

Mutual hatred of the Trump’s opposition, political survivalism, fear of pissing off a rabid base, and the thought that if the economy turns around in the next three months Trump wins re-election.

The Trump Train rolls on. choo-choo!

1 Like

My favorite is that they know if Trump loses, they also will make out like bandits with the re-branding of the party in a post-Trump world. Nothing like good old fashioned greed to allow people the cover to abandon their souls.

1 Like

Trump’s tweet about the flag is ambiguous.

It could refer to the recent change to allow kneeling before the US flag during the national anthem:

That’s not what he said.

Sometimes the President needs to just stop tweeting. One of the few things I would change about him.

You dance with them that brung you. With NASCAR that would be folks flying the battle flag who are entertained by left turns.

1 Like