Do millennials really know who and what they're really voting for?

Not sure why people and millennials are complaining about being handed down a world that is broken or hard when in fact it’s the generations before them that handed them a life full of technology and wealth to make their life easier, instead of making it better and fuller, they complain they were handed nothing and need more to make it easier for themselves, I dont understand how much more they want.

Dude, I’m one of the oldest of the millennial generation and even I haven’t watched network news or had cable in almost a decade. If you think a twenty eight year old or God forbid an eighteen year old is getting their news from the TV you are truly out of touch with the times.

Our more liberal millennials and baby boomers can go join the volatile protesters on the steps of the Supreme Court for a weeping and gnashing meltdown. Trump Derangement Syndrome used to be funny, now it is pathetic.

I seem to be entirely alone in enjoying getting older, I swear. Not dying is fantastic.

1 Like

one if the most depressing things to watch is that “man on the street” type interview highlighting the ignorance of the gen pop

i tend not to put much stock in them though since the final product will be edited for effect

having said that it sure seems like overall younger gens are more clueless (on history, current events) and moreso than ever

i guess it always seems this way to the non-young

Hell…I am 53., and I don’t have cable.

Cut the cord a while ago.

I do have YoutubeTV for live sporting events and local news. And the rare network show that is worth watching.

Tommy, I am not your dude. Go protest on the steps of the Supreme Court, Brother.

the beloved wapo seems to think it is much moreso these

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/viciousness-trump-aides-endure-public-fury-toward-presidents-policies/2018/07/09/23d3b9a2-8051-11e8-b0ef-fffcabeff946_story.html?utm_term=.da410d9fcc4d

Everyone is dude. Anyway, you just have to accept that the kids are significantly different than you. You grew up in the Industrial Age. They didn’t.

Hell, I am a millennial and there is a sharp divide between the ones like me who were born in the 1980s-spending our childhoods in the analog world-and those born in the 90s who’ve never known anything but the digital world. Hence, Gen Y and Gen Z.

I also quibble with the premise in this context: it accepts the American right’s framing of the term “conservative,” which, in practice, is an empty label tied to a bunch of capricious whims, grievances, and personalities. Most of them are not conservatives in any coherent way; they’re just sort of twitchy, highly emotional, ill-informed, and frightened cranks.

2 Likes

Yeah, they are much more plugged in to the social media conservative bastions like google, youtube, twitter, and facebook.

My ex is like you. She loves getting older and more mature. I don’t mind getting older but I don’t have to enjoy it.

Boy this is a hell of a summation.

Liberal google… Cranks Marge. Cranks.

or, more impressionable

teen brains are like play dough

I just like it when they try to quote Churchill in this context: it’s all so spectacularly wrong on so many delicious levels. :slight_smile:

Im 29, i can confirm no one my age gets their news from tv. Most of us dont even have cable.

Till yer about 50, then it starts getting less fantastic. Good point though.

As opposed to the supple, agile, and nubile brains of 78-year olds. When it comes to neuroscience, I know my first stop is going to be the hannity.com political discussion forum. :slight_smile:

1 Like

as though this doesnt apply to their “liberal” counterparts

talk about hijacking the traditional meaning of “liberal”