Do Dems Love America Also?

Why separate? What was the motive?

It failed.

To keep black thirst away for white water.

:joy: no it didn’t. Who told you that?

You know what else is funny? The water came in through the same pipes.

Not this one

Ok, not you.

Glad we got that all cleared up.

Me too. I was worried.

1 Like

Let’s just not pretend it was to protect blacks from anything beyond white violence.

LOL, is this an alternate history lesson? I’m too tired, I’ll revisit this tomorrow.

Seperate but equal was never remotely equal.

No, it wasn’t to protect them from white violence. It was to address the disgust emotion and try to delay the inevitable. It didn’t work.

No, it is a real history lesson.

Well now, that’s an interesting 3rd hand statement.

We couldn’t pay our war debts because Congress couldn’t collect taxes and states did a piss poor job of collecting them too. Congress couldn’t even pay it’s own expenses. Without international standing and the ability to pay even it’s own expenses (which was greatly jeopardized by this inability) the country hardly stood a chance. It failed.

How did those whites who felt disgust at the thought of sharing drinking fountains, deli counters, and life in general with blacks often express that disgust?

Which is not to suggest Jim Crow laws were created to protect anything, apart from the delicate sensibilities of racists.

What were the articles written to do?

Can the country pay its dents now?

Often? By treating them as 3rd class citizens. At times with violence, often using the government to force compliance.

Made The United States an official entity with strong sovereign states and weak central govt.

What we can or cannot do today is irrelevant as to whether or not the articles failed.