Do any of these former and current Republicans stand a chance of winning the primary against Trump?

I could be wrong, but right now the potential challengers really have nothing to lose. I’ll wait for bigger fish to rise before taking talk of primary challenges seriously.

Yes. There is no distinction any longer. Not with approval ratings that high, for such a sustained period of time. Not with the expansion of the CentGov and the financial insanity imposed by this Executive. Personality IS policy. The two cannot be pried apart.

1 Like

I don’t have that problem.

1 Like

Yes, but as you have repeatedly asserted, you are not a member of the GOP, Trumpism, or the nation entire. :wink:

2 Likes

I think a lot of people here don’t have that problem.

Trump is not the reason people don’t like libs.

1 Like

And IMO you’re seeing fewer and fewer of them even trying. When the POTUS can deem himself the “chosen one,” when he can tweet comments from some religious nutter that hails him as the King of Israel and the second coming of God and the principle reaction from most Trumpists is silence or what amounts to a mild “tsk-tsk”?

They’re fully invested in the man now. Policy AND personality.

2 Likes

Trump is the result of lib hatred. They hate libs so much they elected a king troll.

Indeed.

Trump exploits the reason his base doesn’t like libs. He exploits their anger, their victimhood, and their thirst for revenge. And they adore him for it - not for policy, but for validating all of that.

It’s really no more complex than that.

That is a big part of it, yes.

Exactly correct. Excellent post and observation. Sure, there may be a fractional minority of outliers to this truth, but the overwhelming majority are identified by this truth.

Fair analysis, all though a bit condescending and one-sided.

I think they appreciate the not rolling over. I know I do.

2 Likes

Personality and Policy can always be separated.

So you admit that bias and work can be separated. About time. This is the same damn thing.

Why would he appear? Think politics not a political side he would have nothing to gain and everything to lose. No sitting president would take part knowing the challenger has zero chance.

You mean just what libs been doing for decades?

That’s why libs hate Trump so much…he’s one of them. He just switch sides.

And thus the real reason behind libs hatred.

2 Likes

The one thing that drives Donald above all else - ego.

His handlers would try to dissuade him, of course.

What’s your point…?

Make him spend some money…

It is Donald Trump we are talking about.