Diversity Training

I’ve actually had training modules that were more relevant to safety on the job not done weeks after the due date, & nobody said anything except by email. Actually got pulled off the floor with work backed up because the diversity training was due in three days and management wanted it.

On this one, I made a point to delay it until the last minute because it really seems there’s more diversity for some than others. In the end everyone has their favorites, & that’s whose more likely to get ahead.

Training all but embarrasses white employees, citing historical discrimination against various racial and ethnic minorities and dissing traditional roles for men and women—like men working and women caring for a household and any children.

Various models in the video hold up placards of how they feel stereotyped and not valued. “It’s assumed I got this promotion because I’m a woman.” I kid you not.

Well, if the lateral transfer or promotion that could have gone to a man or woman who could meet some aspect of the job, like thorough knowledge of the job, or a lifting requirement, went to a woman’s who doesn’t meet those requirements, what other conclusions could employees reach?

Seems there’s no diversity of thought permitted, or choice, or respect for Americans from different parts of the U S. Somehow I’m not seeing management wanting to include these differences in diversity training.

For some individuals, modules on kitchen clean up and bathroom hygiene would have been more relevant. If we’re going to pull employees off the floor, a tape of the late Rodney King and his “Can’t we all just get along?” question would have sent a more profound message & wasted less time.

1 Like

Yep. It’s border line tyranny. Holding people accountable for things they have never done. Making the assumption that without their “help” people have no idea how to relate to minorities. They seem to relish and thrive reliving the 200 year old crimes of long dead people. We’re doing fine. We don’t need a history lesson and we don’t need people “fixing” us.

You can give your opinion here, but will likely be fired if you give it at work. This crap has got to stop. We are not freaking oppressors.

2 Likes

Seems the mental midgets who come up with this stuff thrive on separation of various groups of people—various women’s and minorities groups, for instance—and creating unity where there is none.

GLBTQ+? Unity doesn’t necessarily exist between all of those letters.

Had some neighbors, gay male couple. One mixed his medications with alcoholic beverages, and the paramedics were there every week.

A female female couple started hanging out with them, and soon the cops were there every week in response to disputes.

All of these hyphenated American groups? Let’s take Hispanic folk from various countries.

They may not like each other very much. Many with Hispanic heritage dislike that Cuban exiles cannot be deported once they’re here.

Individuals who are actually from overseas may regard their American born counterparts on a liw level. Any Boston cab driver can tell you Irish visiting the U S never have one kind word to say about so called Boston Irish.

What ever happened to the non discrimination clause, where no one qualified to do a job will be denied it based on factors beyond their control?

1 Like