DISGUSTING DISPLAY: Crowd Harasses, Taunts Philadelphia Police During 8-Hour Long Shootout

Originally published at: DISGUSTING DISPLAY: Crowd Harasses, Taunts Philadelphia Police During 8-Hour Long Shootout | Sean Hannity

A handful of Philadelphia residents harassed and taunted police officers during a harrowing 8-hour long shootout Wednesday night; throwing objects at members of law enforcement as they struggled to end the stand-off.

“Onlookers were seen taunting and throwing things at Philadelphia police Wednesday night amid a wild shootout and subsequent standoff that saw six cops wounded, and video posted online shows one woman shoving a police officer making his way to the scene,” reports Fox News.

“I mentioned this at 10 and since I was harassed during that live shot, I’ll mention it here, too,” one local reporter said on Twitter. “A major moment of disappointment this evening was watching a crowd of people taunt police officers, laughing and yelling at them in the midst of the gunfire.”

I mentioned this at 10 and since I was harassed during that live shot, I’ll mention it here too. A major moment of disappointment this evening was watching a crowd of people taunt police officers, laughing and yelling at them in the midst of the gunfire. #PhiladelphiaShooting

— Alexandria Hoff (@AlexandriaHoff) August 15, 2019

“I should add — 98% of people here on scene were respectful and concerned. That moment was just such a startling thing to see in the middle of something so chaotic,” she added in a later tweet.

Watch Hannity’s coverage of the event above.