Disease at the border

Fair. How about we do that too?

Instead, we give massive tax cuts to corporations, fund a military that is the equivalent of like the next ten countries combined, and then the rest of us are told to fight over the scraps.

Not disagreeing with you on that.

I see. So its OK for sick people to come into the United States, just not those coming across the Mexican border. They should be turned away or quarantined but those from other ports of entry are free to pass.

Again comparing apples to oranges.

We KNOW these people are sick. They are being treated.

person gets a plane ticket, no one knows they are sick, gets on the plane, still no one knows.

See the difference yet?

sick with what? am I not allowed to cross the border if I have a cold.

Chickenpox isn’t a “Serious” health issue.

Am I My Brother’s Keeper?

Telling them to walk a thousand miles to get treatment is a fantastic idea.

People who are sick can apply for asylum.

There is no health test on the form that you fill out

Allan

It however is a chronic one.

Allan

Read the linked article and you’ll get the point

Then there should be no problem with them heading home to get treatment. How many people exposed have had a vaccination?

Then Let Mehico take care of them until they are cured/well. THEN they can apply for asylum

You’ve never been on a plane with an obviously sick person? Either you don’t ride on planes that often or you’re the luckiest person I know.

And no, I don’t see a difference. Disease is the same whether it comes from someone on an airplane or someone at the southern border.

50 years yound and I’ve been on a total of two round trip flights (so 4 times on a commercial airplane). Don’t care to fly – first flight my brother asked when they started letting green martians fly and my mom asked how much I had to drink (not a drop).

If you can’t see the difference I can’t help you.

What a ghoulish response to what was posted. Excast didn’t say anything about illegally breaking into a country, did he?

lol - I see no problem at all with making sure the people are healthy/not contagious before allowing them entry, but we’re typing like Trump talks now, really? :rofl:

We have plenty of brothers and sisters here who are struggling in the modern economy.

I’m all for helping the world. But we have issues here that have to be dealt with at some point.

And what is your plan for helping the brothers and sisters here who are struggling in the modern economy?

Usually, when people bring up domestic issues when talking about immigrants it’s used as a cynical distraction from some sort of abuse we are currently inflicting on them (ex. family seperation, tear gas, etc.). Hopefully, you are not doing that.

outside of HIV nothing in the article is a serious health disease.