Did Texas House Democrats create a super-spreader event?

Then why bother?

Because 10% chance of catching it is better than ~100% chance of catching it. It’s why we are seeing stark differences between vaccinated getting it and unvaccinated getting it.

Your argument is ridiculous.

Fox just reported that the maskless kooks from the Democrat party in Texas have given the 80 year old speaker of the house Covid.

Updating and editing to correct this post. My apologies from posting something that was not accurate.

From FoxNews.com. " A spokesperson for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tested positive Monday for coronavirus following a meeting last week with members of the Texas Legislature who fled the state for Washington, D.C.

Drew Hammill, a top aide to Pelosi, said the unidentified staff member was fully vaccinated and did not have recent contact with the top California Democrat, though the speaker’s office is taking extra precautions as a result.

“Yesterday, a fully vaccinated senior spokesperson in the speaker’s press office tested positive for COVID after contact with members of the Texas state legislature last week,” Hammill said in a statement obtained by Fox News.

Here’s a story from CNBC, White House official and Pelosi staff member test positive for Covid (msn.com)

"A White House official and a staff member for House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tested positive for Covid on Monday, officials said.

Both are fully vaccinated. The infected White House official had mild symptoms, according to NBC News.

“We know that there will be breakthrough cases, but as this instance shows, cases in vaccinated individuals are typically mild,” a White House official told NBC News.

“This is another reminder of the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccines against severe illness or hospitalization,” the official added.

The Pelosi staff member tested positive after meeting with members of the Texas state legislature last week, but has had no contact with Pelosi since the exposure.

The White House official has not been in contact with other principals or staff, an official said.

Pelosi, 81, and President Joe Biden, 78, are fully vaccinated."

1 Like

I am reminded of the responses we received when we discussed Herman Cain likely getting Covid from Trump’s rally.

“Prove it”

I see her aide has tested positive. Where are the reports that Pelosi has as well?

Just heard it from Harris Faulkner listening to her show on my phone.

If it’s not accurate she will correct as will I.

I’m not arguing.

Going back to masks, locking down.

I certainly hope not.

I love that the Dems are cheering these people on and excusing their behavior. Completely different story if it were republicans doing this.

2 Likes

I am enjoying the unintended consequence of the narrative shift.

I will wear a mask for a few more weeks for it.

Pelosi has been a very medically lucky soul through out the last 10 years or so. That runs out for everyone at some point.

They are done disclosing cases.

Time to censor and turn on the propaganda machines.

It is the way of the authoritarian.

4 Likes

This fracas leads me to believe that Democrats have never, ever taken covid seriously and used it solely as a political cudgel. Texas Democrat idiocy will encourage people to pass on getting the shot, and I have a difficult time believing that any of these people are even vaccinated. Just imagine what our public discourse would be like today if Republicans had posed maskless on a plane with beer, only to have covid infections spike like this - then refuse to release follow-up numbers.

3 Likes

Thank goodness Trump did it too, otherwise what these dems did may have been frowned upon.

1 Like

Here is an interesting summary of the Democrat super-spreader story.

3 Likes

You should do another one of infected illegals being flown secretly to Red States to spike Covid case numbers there and then blame it on businesses being open.

2 Likes

As it has been so succinctly put into words in the past on this forum in regards Republicans and covid…

What kind of ■■■■■■■ doesn’t put a mask on while hunkering down with others in close quarters?

My how the worm turns.

And now we get the censoring of the number of cases, not because it’s “misinformati0on” but because it doesn’t fit the lib/Biden agenda. Which is all it’s ever been about. Not truth. AGENDA and propaganda.

2 Likes

It’s about to be far worse than that. We’re looking at rising infections and Biden wants to drop all pandemic restrictions on the southern border. Between this and the Texas Democrats, it’s very clear that the Democratic Party does not believe covid is any kind of threat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/biden-admin-rethinking-plan-to-lift-covid-restrictions-that-blocked-750000-from-crossing-border/ar-AAMnbxz

1 Like

What do we think about two of them vacationing in Portugal?

They want to spread the good cheer and COVID to Europe?

Should they receive a salary while they are AWOL and vacationing overseas?

4 Likes

I hope they stay there.

Of course I’m on record in iterations of this forum saying I’d support sending all of Congress to live, all expenses paid, in Tahiti provided they promise to do nothing when it comes to legislation … because putting them up in luxury in a tropical paradise would be much less expensive than them doing their jobs and spending other people’s money.

5 Likes