Did China just blink?

Despite the lefts best efforts to aid and abet China out of their pure hatred towards Trump, did China just blinked?

China signaled on Monday it was now seeking a “calm” end to its ongoing trade war with the U.S., as Asian markets crumbled and China’s currency plummeted to an 11-year low following the latest tariffs on $550 billion in Chinese goods announced last Friday by the Trump administration.

News of the possible opening in negotiations came shortly after President Trump threatened to declare a national emergency that would result in American businesses freezing their relationships with China. Trump’s tariff barrage on Friday was a response to China imposing its own retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods.

Personally Trump needs to stand firm and not allow China an easy out no matter how much that “some” people on the left wants to undermine his administration.

Either way libs will conclude Trump gave into China no matter what the final deal is…so hold firm and make sure we get what we want with strict penalties should China violate this agreement.

1 Like

Nah, they’ve always been signalling that they want it to end.

Doesn’t look like things are going to calm down any time soon.

Has trump labeled china a currency manipulator yet

The Trump administration on Monday designated China a “currency manipulator,” after the country’s central bank allowed its currency to weaken amid the ongoing trade dispute.

The move comes hours after Trump accused Beijing of depreciating its currency on Twitter, adding later that such measures have been used to “steal our business and factories, hurt our jobs, depress our workers’ wages and harm our farmers’ prices. Not anymore!”

yes the Trump administration did.

First of August as a matter of fact. You must have missed it.

China just jacked up their tarrifs the other day and you believe they just blinked? LOL.

Any other straws you want to grasp, conan?

(Ironic, but not surprising, that you don’t believe that Trump blinked when he said he had second thoughts)

1 Like

Im just waiting for the Trump tweet that confirks China is no longer an economic threat

Lol…

I still can’t get over how bonkers it is that Trump threatened to declare a national emergency that would result in American businesses freezing their relationships with China.

Yes but have you listened to joe bidens gaffes!

1 Like

This war must be fought and it’s better to be fought sooner…than later. Keep “winning” Mr. President.

1 Like

That’s what made Xi blink.

I bet he sent Trump a beautiful letter.

1 Like

If I didn’t know any better “some” here are worried that Trump just might pull it off.

3 Likes

Why?

And why in this manner?

You guys keep saying this…you never offer any evidence that this was the only way to do it.

1 Like

Why?

You don’t see the thief of intellectual rights a problem? You don’t see copyrights being violated a problem? You don’t see 400 billion dollars trade deficit being a problem?

This is irrelevant to the question I asked.

What question did I actually ask?

What manner would you use?

You’re right, I hope he doesn’t.

I’m getting “tired of all the winning”.

It was being fought with the TPP.

And this is the crux of the issue. We DO in fact have a serious issue with our trade, as it pertains to China. There are serious issues that need to be addressed, not least of which is intellectual property theft. Among a bevy of other issues. But taxing AMERICAN IMPORTERS is simply NOT the best approach to dealing with these issues. It is probably the single WORST possible attempt at a resolution of these serious concerns.

I am befuddled that there are people here who actually believe we can just tax American consumers, businesses, farmers, and importers long enough, and with a high enough tax, that it will eventually bring China to bear. What happened to logic?

4 Likes

So you do see it as a problem?

It’s just that it’s Trump that you have a problem with?