Did AOC and Beto's efforts change your minds about them?

I guess Jimmy Carter is an idiot for getting on his hands and knees building homes for homeless people until he was incapable of doing it anymore. He should have dropped by Home Depot and paid Pablo 10 bucks an hour and gotten 10 times the production.

I just don’t agree with your opinion of Jimmy Carter for doing that.

But, in any case, I would not give him a second term…nor did most people.

Seems like a nice enough guy. Horrible President though.

I’ve not seen anything that has impressed me regarding either Beto or AOC…except AOC’s ability to manipulate the masses.

No - I believe both were opportunistic, but they showed leadership in a crisis and I must applaud that. I’d never vote for either because the policies they advocate will damage the nation, but they outclassed Ted Cruz by ten thousand miles this past week and I hope he gets primaried.

2 Likes

I think they both care about people, but they wouldn’t bat an eye at pushing legislation that impact the rights of Americans. They are both progs. AOC especially so.

But just because I dislike their ideology doesn’t mean I can refuse to recognize good and decency when I see it. They did the right thing. And they deserve the praise they have received.

3 Likes

That says it all about those two! :+1:t2:

Camera never blinks.

Ocasio-Cortez remembered. Cruz forgot. Then, blamed his children. That’s some undistilled cowardice.

Assume opportunism, sure. But what I look for from the special breed of opportunists who run for public office is that they deliver. My people from around an hour north of Boston aren’t going to deliver what the guy representing Bozeman will, and that’s about the way of it.

This was Ted Cruz’s turf, his people, and he bailed, leaving the doors ajar, windows open and stage empty for someone who would.

Doesn’t matter if it was opportunism.

3 Likes