Devin Sloane sentenced to 4 months in prison (this is the fake water polo guy) (college admissions scandal) (adding other assorted parents as they are sentenced)

FELICITY HUFFMAN
Register Number: 77806-112
Race: White
Sex: Female
Located at: Dublin FCI
Release Date: 10/27/2019

Let’s see, she surrendered yesterday on the 15th.

16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26

That actually works out to 11 full days in jail, plus the slightly over half day on which she reported and the very short day on which she will be released.

So in practice, it won’t even be quite 12 full days.

(EDIT to add:) She got 1 day credit for the night she spent in jail when she was initially arrested.

The parents who have not pled out will be facing bribery charges now, in addition to the previous charges.

Under threat of the added bribery charges, 4 additional sets of parents pled out. The remaining 11 were formally indicted with the bribery charges. The 4 sets of parents that just pled out and the parents who have already pled out will not face the bribery charges.

Huffman was released today, as per normal procedure when an inmate’s expected release date falls on a weekend. Kudos to her lawyer for coordinating her reporting date so as to get her out of a day of jail. :smile:

Name : AGUSTIN FRANCISC HUNEEUS

Register Number : 25453-111

Race : White
Sex : Male

Release Date : UNKNOWN

Located At: USP Atwater

Huneeus started his 5 month prison sentence on Monday. USP Atwater is a high security United States Penitentiary located near Merced, California, but Huneeus will be serving in the minimum security prison camp adjacent to the main facility.

A good time of year for him to serve his time, as that region is essentially a desert and is pretty hot during summer.

Doesn’t matter much, federal lockups are air conditioned.

All inmates draw work assignments. He might draw something inside like kitchen duty. But he could draw landscaping or some other job that requires working outside for significant hours. Obviously there is a big difference doing landscaping in that climate in the months of November, December, January, February and March, than in the months of May, June, July, August and September.

Would you have been less disappointed if she had been squeezed out by a student who was enrolled solely because of minority status?

Either way, a deserving child is denied acceptance so that a less qualified person could get in.

Over all liked your post and agree with most of it. Part of me does not see it wrong that if a guy like Bill Gates donates enough money to build a new wing at Johns Hopkins, then his kid should be given admission.

My daughter is Asian as well and I fully agree that affirmative action acceptance should be discontinued.

Exactly- like Lori Loughlin’s 2 awful kids, who clearly wouldn’t recognize an oar if it was thrown at them, posing for crew photos.

Penn has a 9% admission rate, but that includes legacies, recruited athletes, etc. Your daughter must have been a wonderful student to be admitted without a hook. Her chances were probably closer to 3 or 4%.

FWIW - I would not give jail time to any of the parents. I don’t want my tax money paying for their maintenance, however brief their sentences may be. I would rather they be detained with ankle monitors (the offender usually has to pay for that,) community service for the term of the imprisonment and the fine would be full ride tuition, room and board for maybe the five top kids on the wait list, who might have had a spot had it not been for this fraud.

I disagree. Monetary penalties and ankle monitors are no deterrent to somebody with substantial resources. There has to be some prison, particularly given that there were victims, i.e. the children who were squeezed out by undeserving kids of the parents. And it would be simple for Congress to enact a statute that would require defendants beyond a certain level of wealth and income to pay 100% of the cost of their confinement.

In any event, detention at a minimum security prison camp is very inexpensive.

Keep in mind there is no “sentence bargaining” in federal court. The only “known” is the maximum, and District Court Judges have enormous discretion to go above or below, sentencing guidelines once all the upward and downward departures are known (if any).