DEVELOPING: Michael Cohen Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison After Pleading Guilty to Multiple Charges

Originally published at: https://www.hannity.com/media-room/developing-michael-cohen-sentenced-to-3-years-in-prison-after-pleading-guilty-to-multiple-charges/

Michael Cohen -former attorney to President Trump- was sentenced to three years in prison Wednesday after pleading guilty to several charges in a Manhattan courtroom, reports Fox News.

Cohen stood before US District Judge William Pauley III as he was sentenced to 36 months of incarceration for “lying to Congress,” tax evasion, and campaign finance violations, and must turn himself over to authorities on March 6th.

Addressing the court, Cohen said he takes “full responsibility for each act… The sooner I am sentenced, the sooner I can return to my family.”

“In the New York case, prosecutors accused Cohen of a years-long ‘tax evasion scheme’ to avoid paying federal income taxes on more than $4 million made through a number of ventures, including through his ownership of taxi medallions, his selling of real estate in Florida and his consulting work for other clients,” writes Fox News.

Read the full story here.