DEVELOPING: Loretta Lynch Says James Comey Lied About Her Instructions During Hillary’s Email Probe

Originally published at: DEVELOPING: Loretta Lynch Says James Comey Lied About Her Instructions During Hillary’s Email Probe | Sean Hannity

Rep. Doug Collins released more transcripts this week regarding the DOJ’s actions during the 2016 presidential election; revealing former Attorney General Loretta Lynch said she “never” instructed James Comey to refer to Hillary’s email probe as a “matter.”

“Today I’m releasing the remaining interview transcripts from @JudiciaryGOP’s investigation into decisions made at the Department of Justice and FBI,” posted Collins on social media.

Today I’m releasing the remaining interview transcripts from @JudiciaryGOP’s investigation into decisions made at the Department of Justice and FBI. To read the transcripts, visit https://t.co/EcAYT7JPdA. pic.twitter.com/kYy9YKSIZI

— Rep. Doug Collins (@RepDougCollins) May 20, 2019

Lynch disputes having directed Comey to characterize Clinton email probe as "a matter" https://t.co/d0Cd5qenyo

— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) May 21, 2019

“So you do not believe you ever instructed him to call it a matter?” one lawmaker asked Lynch.

“I did not. I have never instructed a witness as to what to say specifically. Never have. Never will,” fired-back the former Attorney General.

Lynch’s comments directly refute Comey’s Congressional testimony.

QUESTION: And then you made a comment earlier about the Attorney General, previous AG [Lynch] asking you about the investigation on the Clinton emails, saying that you were asked not to call it an ‘Investigation’ anymore, but to call it a ‘Matter.’ And you said that confused you. Can you give us additional details on that?

COMEY: Well, it concerned me, because we were at the point where we refused to confirm the existence of an investigation –as we usually do– for months,. And it was getting to a place where that looked silly, because the campaigns were talking about interacting with the FBI in the course of our work.

The Clinton campaign at the time was using all kinds of euphemisms, ‘security review,’ ‘matter.’ Things like that.

For what was going on. We were getting to a place where the Attorney General and I were going to have to testify and talk publicly about it, and I wanted to know if she would authorize us to confirm we had an investigation. And she said yes, but don’t call it that, call it a ‘Matter.’ And I said why would I do that? And [Lynch] said just call it a ‘Matter.’