DEVELOPING: Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz ‘Pausing’ Potential 2020 Presidential Campaign

Originally published at: DEVELOPING: Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz ‘Pausing’ Potential 2020 Presidential Campaign | Sean Hannity

Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is reportedly taking a break from the 2020 campaign trail to recover from back surgery; calling the move a slight “detour.”

Schultz released a statement on social media Wednesday after many noticed his absence in Iowa and other pivotal campaign stops.

“In the months since I announced that I am considering running for President as a centrist Independent, I have been traveling the country, talking with and listening to people in 15 states. I’ve met with thousands of people, from family famers in Kansas and veterans in Colorado to college students in Texas and small-business owners in Florida,” stated Schultz.

“Over the following two months, I underwent three separate back surgeries. Today, I am feeling much better, and my doctors foresee a full recovery… I take this detour from the road reluctantly,” he added.

🚨☕️ Howard Schultz explains his absence from the thinking about running for president trail – says he's been recovering from back surgeries. pic.twitter.com/vR6Fm7VfXZ

— andrew kaczynski (@KFILE) June 12, 2019

“Schultz announced in January that he was running for president in 2020. But after an early media blitz and a series of appearances across the country, he mostly dropped off the radar in recent weeks, sparking questions about what exactly the status of his potential campaign was and whether he was still exploring a candidacy,” reports The Week.

“A previous report form Fox Business had suggested that Schultz delayed his campaign decision to see whether former Vice President Joe Biden would emerge as the likely nominee,” adds the website.

Read the full report here.