Desantis Protect Parental Rights in Education

I canā€™t wait for the superwoke revolution and the coming laws that even mentioning that religion is a thing will get you sued by a private citizen.

You seeā€¦ if you donā€™t involve the State in enforcement, no oneā€™s Constitutional rights are violated. That is how it works now.

1 Like

Moby Dick encourages animal violence. I donā€™t want it taught to my kids as it makes them uncomfortable.

4 Likes

I seeā€¦ and this is for realā€¦ this new enforcement mechanism that the GOP has come up with will be used to once again go after the teaching of the Theory of Evolution.

If you donā€™t involve the Stateā€¦ it is cool with the Constitution.

1 Like

I wondered if anyone else noticed the pattern emerging hereā€¦vaguely written laws giving ā€œenforcement powerā€ to anyone at all is becoming a staple of GOP ā€œgovernanceā€.

People should ask themselves WHY they are doing thisā€¦and rememberā€¦these laws donā€™t pop out of the ether. They are rigorously tested by groups like ALEC precisely to make sure they create the desired results.

PS no @komobu children do not, in fact, ā€œbelongā€ to their parents. Parents are the trusted guardians and should be the first stopā€¦but they do NOT ā€œownā€ their children.

We can debate what that means but children themselves have rights.

I think you should be able to see why the concept of parents owning their children is a dangerous one?

3 Likes

Behold the legislative chops of todays Reactionary Party.

This is definitely legislation that addresses the concerns of many parents and addresses a real problem.

Lol. Never mind couldnā€™t keep a straight face. Itā€™s more red meat to an outraged yet silly voter base that is easily distracted by manufactured moral panics like this.

1 Like

They always should have that ability.

When has Disney criticized China for that? Iā€™d really like to see it.

2 Likes

Karen Power!

2 Likes

Yep, just like Texas abortion law suing Uber drivers.

Itā€™s parents of the kids.

2 Likes

the holocaust makes my kid uncomfortable! Donā€™t teach it!

Math makes my kid break out in hives - Iā€™ll Sue you!!!

Donā€™t you dare teach my kid about slavery, or the ERA, or that the earth revolves around the sun!

Iā€™LL SEE YOU IN COURT!!!

2 Likes

K-3rd grade.

3 Likes

Oh, sure, no way they would Karen it up. I mean, they have kids for goodness sakes!

Our BoE meetings are nothing but Karen bitch sessionsā€¦parents who think they know everything telling the board how to run everythingā€¦

1 Like

It was at the Prog Waystaion where yā€™all decided to impose that garbage morality on other peopleā€™s children.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s not true.

Uh huh. Itā€™s been pointed out already, but sex ed in FL doesnā€™t start until 6th grade as it is.

Itā€™s a pointless law solving a problem that doesnā€™t exist.

But yay small government conservatism!. Expanding the power of the government is good if itā€™s aimed at the gays!

1 Like

It does exist. Critical pedagogy. Crits got caught.

You should sit this one out.

4 Likes

lol.

Kill your radio. Thatā€™s not really happening.

You are listening to the most successful dystopian radio drama in the history of the world.

1 Like

3 Likes

No, itā€™s not.

I mean, sure, Iā€™m sure someone some teacher said something to advanced for little kids. But itā€™s not some rampant lib plotā€¦

1 Like