Desantis Protect Parental Rights in Education

Why should kids make fathers day cards at all? Lets stick with reading, match and spelling. We have enough problems gettin public school kids to pass Standards of Learning tests.

If for whatever reason they are making fathers day cards, “well Jonny if you dont have a father, you can make one for your grand father.”

7 Likes

Gotta punch downward. Always. It turns the base on.

4 Likes

Especially in Florida.

1 Like

Where is that in the lesson plan? What school administrator approved that those are appropriate things to be added for k through 3rd?

5 Likes

Because it could be fun for the kids. Also, some of my most cherished gifts from my kids have been what they created in school for Mothers and Father’s Day.

Just mentioning that they exist is a violation of this super vague law

3 Likes

So I guess the takeaway is that empowering mercenaries to sue over a really vague law, thus taking the enforcement power and the responsibility away from the State is super cool.

The new mercenary Gestapo

1 Like

Than do it at home.
Anything taught in school should be from an approved lesson plan that the community thinks is appropriate. Teachers should educate children on only subjects that the community approves.

5 Likes

Then again, it’s fascinating to watch a law enacted that will be utterly reviled by posterity and that everyone will disown.

2 Likes

The Karen’s have been mobilized, things are going to get interesting

This is just more proof that so called conservatives are actually for big government.

3 Likes

Shouldnt even need the law…Teachers should stick to the approved lesson plan.

Would you want me adding my beliefs and religion to the lesson plan? Then why should you be able to teach my kids stuff that isnt in the lesson plan?

5 Likes

Math, spelling, history, English, writing, science…that’s all that’s necessary from teachers and anything else, isn’t needed or desired by woke teachers. Get woke…go broke.

7 Likes

Not so. If it doesn’t exist, then there’s no problem…and it really is that simple.

3 Likes

Okay.

1 Like

Then the State of Florida should be adequate enough to enforce it’s own vague laws and not have to rely on an army of busybodies to do it for them.

Right?

2 Likes

Why you sexualizing my child by calling her sweetheart? You will be hearing from my lawyer.

4 Likes

You are right there is no problem, with kids who come from families with gay parents/cousins/aunts/brothers/sisters.

Until now that is with this new law then yes it could be a problem

1 Like

Before this law was enacted, the teaching of sex ed before sixth grade was already prohibited.

This law was “necessary” because De Santis knows the GOP base gets off on stuff like this. It provides an opportunity for performative wingnuttery—which is necessary for a potential presidential run.

“I don’t care what corporate media outlets say, I don’t care what Hollywood says, I don’t care what big corporations say. Here I stand. I’m not backing down.”

Wow! I like his suggestion that this is somehow courageous, when pandering to one’s base in an obvious way takes no courage at all.

5 Likes

No fun in school!

2 Likes

Remember this when some “wokies” in charge don’t want something taught that you may care about. These doors tend to swing both ways.

1 Like