Desantis Protect Parental Rights in Education

Why does that bother you? Both are considered abnormal, which was the comparison.

Why should two abnormalities be allowed to be spoke of as bad , but the other abnormalities not be allowed to be spoken of as bad ?

The 1st step toward indoctrination. It should never be allowed.

My kids are watching closely to make sure none of my grandchildren are exposed to this sort of indoctrination.

They are prepared to home school or find a conservative religious school.

What should “never be allowed”?

Well unless you live in Florida…

Primary school classrooms often include pictures of the teacher’s families and also the student’s families. They are encouraged to speak about them to others in the class.

You gonna pull your grandkids when one of their classmates talks about their “two Mommies”?

What doctors tell people cancer and obesity are “abnormalities”?

Do doctors tell cancer patients and obese persons that they are deviant freaks?

That would be a more apt analogy.

If doctors are calling them freaks then yes they should stop.

Your changing of the argument is noted.

■■■?

Cancer kills you.

Being gay doesn’t.

BOE trying to pretend they are being transparent in the sharing of the books they decided could no it be used but if you look at this site closely we have no idea if the selections are from these books they reviewed because instead they are “submissions from the public”.

The first selections…nope can’t have a math problem based on the Implicit Association Test. Mere mention of implicit racial bias tests are “CRT Indoctrination”.

The SEL example…I would have to see this in context. I have a difficult time believing it’s from a math text. At any rate, the idea SEL is CRT is also ludicrous. Teaching kids to be nice and empathize with each other…critical skills for operating in the real world…is “CRT Indoctrination”.

This is what I mean.

Bad in the sense of threatening your life.

Show how being gay kills you directly, like cancer does.

And again, give us an example of doctors calling cancer patients and obese people deviant freaks that should be spoken about to kids.

Then you have a pertinent example.

Calling people that are different, that are hot harming anyone, freaks, deviants, abnormal,etc, is a disgusting ploy, and has a very bad track record.

But…you do you.

No, @Guilds is not right. Hair color and handedness are physical attributes that do not impede the normal human functions.

Homosexuality is not.

1 Like

Of course you have. “It’s not happening!” “It’s just a few!”

They aren’t teaching CT, they are doing CT.

1 Like

So barren women and sterile men are deviant freaks that must not be spoken of in schools? They should be marginalized, eh?

What about men and women who have abnormally low sex drives and just don’t want to have sex?

Outcasts all, right?

It’s “not happening” but they have a meltdown if you pass some sort of law to stop what isn’t “even happening”.

I find that revealing myself.

4 Likes

It’s CT. But you knew that.

Pivot from CRT to CT.

Ok then both sides are doing CT.

You know better.

You might have a valid point, if you can explain it.

If one is not white, straight, and practices an acceptable religion, one is an outcast.

1 Like

People born with no arms, or one arm or one leg…freaks we must keep hidden from small children.

Blind people…don’t let anyone know about them.

Deaf people are an abomination.

There was a very famous book called the Chrysallids that was all about this. The funny thing is, the heroes of the story were telepaths that for the first time promised of a race that could feel true empathy towards one another.

The “Old People” considered them freaks and cursed by God.

Teaching empathy today is considered by some to be “indoctrination”.

Hmm…

If an obese person is glorying in and celebrating their obesity, would that not be freakish?