Desantis Protect Parental Rights in Education

3 Likes

So, it seem like it is going to be necessary
for sane parents to coach their pre-K and kindergarten kids that there are weird people out in school, even teachers, who might try to tell you that boys can be girls and girls can be boys, and that it’s OK for a man to marry another man or a woman to marry another woman. Don’t stay and listen to people like that. And it’s OK for you to tell them they are telling lies. You tell me about them, because they are dangerous people.

If cons/pubs were truly concerned about the kids…maybe they would address this issue.

Guns became the leading cause of death among children and teens in 2020, killing more people ages 1 to 19 in the U.S. than vehicle crashes, drugs overdoses or cancer.

Yes.

You can keep denying that all you want, but scientifically, Guilds is correct.

I’ve torn that post apart many times before. I like the effort tho :clap:t5:.

Over 100k K-12 schools. It’s been over a year and you haven’t provided evidence that even 1 of them is teaching CRT.

1 Like

That’s gender identity?

Tree of freedom, blood of patriots or something.

Also, thoughts and prayers.

And also, cold dead hands.

Then why make such a big deal about a law that won’t even involve real cases? Just see it as a waste of time.

2 Likes

If a parent wants their first grader taught about the wonderfulness of gay and lesbian lifestyles then I have a solution. Home school them.

2 Likes

Conservatives are supposed to be against unneeded legislation, right?

Because they increase regulatory costs…right?

Oh, you are worried about conservatives wasting money on the expense of passing a law. I don’t think it will cost that much, especially if no one will be affected by it.
Essentially, there is no one,who will be there to regulate.

Acknowledging LGBT humans exist, and they are simply different, no more, no less…is not “teaching a lifestyle”.

They’d like to pretend they don’t.

Anecdote: Prominent republican in my state has an openly gay son. Threatened to revoke his college tuition if he didn’t renounce his lifestyle.

I’d love to be a fly on the wall at their Thanksgiving dinners.

Kindergarten class first day: Gays and lesbians exist who are sexually attracted differently than most….

Nope. Not seeing it.

Another anecdote:

Best friend’s daughter recently married her partner, kindergarten teacher. They now have a baby.

Pictures on the desk of their family…allowed or not?

Should doctors stop telling people cancer and obesity are abnormalities because to say so hurts feelings and stigmatized people who are obese or have cancer? People with cancer and obesity exist and are simply different.

1 Like

Weirdest anecdotes to justify talking about odd (in the sense of unusual) sexual attractions and lifestyles to tots.

1 Like

Actually, teaching that LGBT are simply different is teaching a lifestyle.

LGBT being compared to cancer.

That is a new one. Incredibly stupid…but, keep up the good fight!

Teaching facts is a noble lifestyle.

Lifestyle: the way in which a person or group lives.