Dem's upset they and the liberal media don't get to interpret for you first

As a prelude, I’ve been watching election night coverage from the Young Turks.

1 Like

If your assumption is…people can read the report and determine if Barr is trustworthy for themselves…

…why do you not extend that assumption to cover if “the liberal media” has the first crack at spinning?

It seems to me in an attempt to downplay Barr having “first crack” you are tacitly admitting the “having the first crack” is actually quite an important thing.

I think the Libs are going to be embarrased. My prediction is they are not going to give their summary again, just an explanation of what the law on redactions is and what the different colors mean. Then the press will ask questions and the libs will go bat ass crazy they are giving answers or they will go bat ass crazy that they don’t answer questions.

“… the regulations call upon the attorney general, William Barr, to receive the confidential report and then do two things: First, to notify Congress of the investigation’s completion and, second, to provide an explanation for certain specifically enumerated actions. There is no requirement for a Barr-edited version of the Mueller report.”

Mueller is in regulatory handcuffs, but Barr—as the attorney general—still maintains a goodly amount of discretion as to what he will choose to report to Congress.

If the House wants to consider impeachment, it needs to do its own work. It would be odd in the extreme to ask, in effect, the executive branch to become a tool of the legislative branch in a death-struggle with the only individual identified in the Constitution as the possessor and wielder of executive power: the president.

1 Like

I mean exactly what I said in plain English. He will only be embarrassed. Why do so many of you have to constantly try to change the narrative?

Never mind- I already know.

Looks like they are in the bargaining stage of grief over the no collusion conclusion…

Barr is part of the process. The report was handed to the DOJ. It is up to the DOJ to decide what to do with it and it was their decision to release it at all.
To treat the DOJ as interlopers for taking their proper place in the process just shows what a political football is being made of this whole thing.

1 Like

Does one need a “collusion” conviction to wonder why our president and his top campaign associates habitually lied about interactions with Russians?

Here is my problem with this press conference BEFORE the release of the report…

It is a chicken ■■■■ move…

Nobody has seen the report so how can reporters ask relevant questions about the report? It would have been better to release the report then hold a conference next week. That why the public can ask questions about the report.

Barr makes the final decisions regarding what to do with the report. If he wishes, he overturns Muellers decision of no collusion and decides to indict particular people for conspiracy, anyway. The DOJ decides whether to indict the President for obstruction of justice or not, not Mueller.
What Barr thinks matters, and is an integral part of the investigation.
What Congresspersons feel, isn’t.

Mueller just has no sense of humor… “Hey, Russia…”…

lol!

Barr Live stream is happening now. You can rewind about 5 minutes to the beginning.

CBS News has disabled the live commenting stream for this. lol

That’s why its being done that way.

Hillary’s friends tried to interfere but Trump was not part of it…

1 Like

You’ll get to start reading it later today.

I think it was reference to the Barr presser

All the anti trumpers thought a 4 page summery was too short?

The whole idea of this silly thread is to do what it is supposedly criticizing the other side for. #fakethread

4 Likes

I kind of already pointed this out…I see the OPer has chosen not to respond to that particular assertion.

However, I did learn something today.

If I encourage somebody to sell property I know was stolen, it’s perfectly legal and ethical.

4 Likes

Your comment points at your side, not who you actually are talking about.